Initial setup 48 relay Web-i

I used the Configtool and selected Upload>webpage. After pointing the program to the correct file and selecting Open I receive multiple error messages.

Make sure there are no open web browser connections or software connections to the board(including base station). Reboot the board, then search for the device in the utility and give it another try. Uploading of the web page is done via a TCP socket connection and the module only allows 1 TCP socket connection at a time.

I finally discovered something on my laptop is blocking the appropriate port. I completely disabled my firewall and still would not work, but I was able to switch to a desktop and it uploaded the webpage just fine the first time. So far, though, there has been no change in behavior. I even tried uploading a different number relay page and the behavior is the same. I still can’t operate the relays. Is it possible it is something with the firmware. I tried to load the firmware listed on Github, but I get a message that says “Please Select the right firmware file.”

Also, I looked back at a previous comment you made in July stating I had a Fusion controller as opposed to an ProXR controller. I see my order details for this unit says it is a Fusion, but what is the difference?

Ok. I reloaded the Fusion 48 relay webpage and right now Relays 1-7 work fine. But, nothing above that works with the On/Off buttons. Is it possible there is a script error in the 48 Relay html file for everything above 7?

I just made a couple of updates to the 48 relay fusion html code. Download the file again and load it to your module. Let me know how that works. It should fix the turn on/turn off command buttons.

I uploaded the new html webpage. There have been some improvements. For instance, all of Bank 1 seems to be working now, not just Relays 1-7. I can even toggle most relays on the other banks (2-6) using the On/Off buttons, but the wrong relays respond. I can only get the correct relay to respond on Banks 2-6 by using the Toggle button. When I do toggle the other relays, the relay states of other relays change on the Web-i. I have also included a screenshot of how Web-i first displays when I log in. Some relays show on even though all relays are off.

I just tried something different. Try downloading the html file and uploading again. I apologize I can’t test, I don’t have a Fusion board here anymore.

I tried the new file. The new html will turn on Relays 1-8 but won’t turn them off. And all other Banks have no response at all unless I use the Toggle button.

Please let me know what I should try next. Thank you.

I just tried another update.

If it does not work I really need you to open the request in the inspect window of your browser and send me the headers that are being sent when the buttons are pressed, this will tell me what data is being sent to the board. I have no other way of knowing if the command data being sent is correct. This was developed by another engineer who is no longer here and it was never designed for Fusion series relay controllers. I am working in the dark.

I will walk across the street momentarily and try that. Is there another way, perhaps? What other series of relay controllers are there? For my purposes, I only need to be able to use the Web-i to manually turn relays on/off. They will not operate on their own without human interaction. For instance, at the location I am at right now, we have a 48 relay board with the Lantronix XPort Pro, but I don’t know if they are fusion controllers as well. I have included a picture of it.

If you simply want to use a web interface to turn relays on and off then this is the hardware I would recommend:
https://store.ncd.io/kc/a4oh

I don’t see a recent update. Just one from 5 days ago which was Friday, I believe.

Apologies, I forgot to push the update. Try now.

I uploaded the latest file. There is no discernible difference. Only Bank1 works well. The other banks will only work with the Toggle button. Where do we go from here. I have looked at this 48relay setup compared with my other one across the street. The only difference is the older one which works is running the Lantronix XPort Pro Ethernet to serial where this one is the NCD5500. Both main boards say Dual Interface Fusion Logic Layer. Is the Web-i scripting so much different between the two as far as Web-i is concerned?

Hi,

Yes, the difference between the Lantronix module and the NCD5500 is significant. We did not develop the new NCD5500 web interface module for Fusion series devices because most users do not use it. Fusion was developed for automation projects, not for manual control. ProXR was developed specifically for manual control.

I am sure if enough time were spent working on the HTML file one could get it to function with the Fusion controllers but it would take time and a developer having the board there with them to work on. I would highly recommend sending that fusion controller in for exchange for the ProXR boards I suggested previously.

I can send the Fusion in to be exchanged for the ProXR, but does the ProXR support Web-i? I really like the Web-i. I like being able to add the customer relay labels and such.

The web interface in the NCD5500 WEB-i module was designed to be used in ProXR devices so yes, it works in the ProXR boards. You may return the Fusion board to be exchanged for the ProXR boards I recommended previously. Just put in the RMA notes: "See Travis to ensure web interface is configured for 48 relay ProXR controller.

Ok. I have the original box still. So, I don’t need an actual RMA number?