Initial setup 48 relay Web-i

Ah, yes, sorry, 48 relay.

I sent the NCD5500 module back and see it has been delivered. Just a heads up.

Hi,

Yes, it is here at my desk. I will get it setup and shipped back to you tomorrow.

Thank you. I am excited! So, when it arrives, I will have the ability to browse to the Web-i GUI and control the 48 relays? And if need be I can change the name of the Relay. I believe changing the name of the relay requires downloading the HTML information, altering the text for the name and then re-uploading it, right?

Any issues getting it setup?

I apologize. I am having a hard time getting my hands on a 48 channel Fusion relay controller for testing.

Good morning. Any progress updates to report?

Hi,

I sent the module to our shipping department last week. It should be coming to you soon.

Yes, I have received it. I only had about 10 minutes to spend with it today. I plugged it in and them powered up the board. I can browse into it and then navigate to the Web-i. It does indeed show all 6 Banks, but I can only intermittently turn some relays on/off. Some relays show already in the On state when board first powered on even though no LEDs on board are powered up. So, seems to be acting very strange. I may have more time to look at it on Friday. The only other experience I have with these is another 48 relay board that was purchased several years ago, but it has the Lantronix board. I wonder if that might work better for what I need.

Unfortunately we do not offer the Lantronix modules anymore. The manufacturer raised prices of the modules exponentially.

Let me know what you find in further testing.

Thank you,
Travis Elliott

Well, I am not going to pretend to understand all the different layers at work with this device. What I can tell is if I access the device via USB and launch Base Station, the unit will easily be identified and populate all fields. If I try to do the same thing via ethernet, Base Station sees the device but will not be identified completely. Likewise, I can still log into Web-i but am unable to control the relays via a browser. I will attach two pictures. I still have the original box the unit came in. Can I send the entire unit back to you so you can see what I am seeing. I just need to be able to turn the relays on/off via a web browser.

Can you try one last thing? Install this software on your computer:
https://media.ncd.io/20191212115600/NCD5500_ConfigTool.zip

Open that software on a computer connected to the same network as the Ethernet module. You can use this guide as well for more info:

Make sure the Work As setting is set to WEB-i. See if that fixes the issue.

Thank you,
Travis Elliott

Ok, I did already have the Config tool installed. I launched it and it was set to Web-i. I tried setting it to TCP client, applying, and rebooting. Then I set it back to Web-i but nothing has changed. Strangely enough the On/Off buttons on the Web-i are virtually useless as well as the relay state indicator but if I select Toggle, the relays always toggle. But when the relays toggle the state of the relay never changes on Web-i. I have tired IE, Firefox and Edge browsers on a PC as well as Safari on a mobile device. I have included a few pictures.

I tested the module prior to returning it to you in a 32 channel Fusion relay controller(I did not have a 48 relay controller but it should still work).

Can you open the inspect window in your web browser, click the Network tab, then send me the information about the request that is being sent? This would let me know what command the web page is sending to the board so we can verify it is correct. I cannot understand why the relay on/off commands would not be working.

Thank you,
Travis Elliott

I opened the page this morning and before I selected any buttons I noticed the relay state to all banks were in the exact same state: On, On, Off, On, Off, On, Off, On even though all relays are indeed off.
Then I opened the Inspect and went to Network. I then selected On Off about 4 times for relay 9. The relay never actuated. Here is the screenshot of inspect window:

Can you click on one of those requests in the list and show me the request or headers being sent? Specifically I am trying to figure out what command is being sent.

Yes, but I also sent you an email with the public ip address you can access the Web-i from your end. I didn’t know if I should put the public ip address here.

Here are a few screenshots of the web inspection information:

Download this repo:

After downloading connect to the Ethernet module with the NCD5500 software utility. Then click the upload button in the utility, upload the html file NCD5500-Files/html/48_Relay_Fusion.html. Make sure operate as is set to WEB-i, then try it again and let me know what you find.

I am about to upload the file. It is asking me if I am uploading firmware or webpage. I assume webpage because it is an .html file. Right?