Initial setup 48 relay Web-i

You can fill out the RMA form here:
https://ncd.io/contact-us/product-returns/
After completing the form you will receive an email with an RMA ID number and instructions for returning the device.

I shipped the unit today. Should be there by Tues or Wednesday. RMA 17046.

I just checked the notes on the RMA you filed. They look good. It should come straight to me when it gets here.

The tracking shows it was delivered Friday.

Hi,

I have the replacement boards here at my desk ready to setup for you. I will let you know when they are ready to go.

I received the replacement boards on Saturday. So far it is working well. They came as two separate boards so I will need to find some stand-offs to make it a unit. Also, is there a longer ribbon cable available that will allow the boards to be stacked? And lastly, it appears the Relay labels are not as easily modified as my Lantronix Web-I. Will it will require HTML editing to accomplish?

Hi,

I’m glad to hear the controls are working as expected.

We can provide a longer XR cable if necessary. How long do you want the cable? You should be able to stack the boards with the cable included, just make sure the XR ports on both boards are oriented towards the same end.

Customizing the labels of the relay controls will require editing the HTML file loaded into the board. That file is available here:

Thank you,
Travis

I have successfully changed the name of the relays, but I do not see any way to change the names of the Banks. For instance, on our Lantronix unit we changed Banks 1-6 to read Troubles 1-8, Troubles 9-16, Troubles 17-24, Troubles 25-32 etc. But it appears this NCD5500 uses an expression in the script which increases by one, therefore individual unique bank names may not be possible.
As far as the ribbon cable I would like a longer one 12-14 inches. The short one only allows me to stack the boards “head to foot”. And some stand-offs to physically connect the boards together would be awesome similar to what the fusion boards have.

Also, what is the procedure to adding manual relay controls. For instance, if I want to be able to turn the relays on/off with a physical switch.

Find where the bank is being set and replace that line with:

label = "...";
                        if(current_bank == 1){
                          label = "Troubles 1-8";
                        }
                        if(current_bank == 2){
                          label = "Troubles 9-16";
                        }
                        if(current_bank == 3){
                          label = "Troubles 17-24";
                        }
                        if(current_bank == 4){
                          label = "Troubles 25-32";
                        }
                        if(current_bank == 5){
                          label = "Troubles 33-40";
                        }
                        if(current_bank == 6){
                          label = "Troubles 41-48";
                        }
                        ui_html += '</div><div class="bank_wrapper"><div class="bank_header"><span>'+label+'</span><button class="button" onclick="query_relay_bank_status('+current_bank+', {\'callbacks\': [update_relay_bank_status_ui]})">Refresh</button></div>';

As for the ribbon cable and standoffs do you have a UPS account number? If so can you send that to me in a private message? We will ship you a ribbon cable and standoffs, the UPS account number will be used to pay for shipping.

Thank you for the help on the Banks. I will try that tomorrow. As for the stand offs and ribbon cable. I have decided not to stack the boards for ease of maintenance. I have other stand offs that will work and I have ordered a longer ribbon cable off of Amazon. It appears to be a relatively standard 10pin ribbon cable.
Oh, and did you see my question regarding connection switches to manually turn on/off the relays? I am curious how to set that up.

ProXR has limited capabilities to turn relays on and off based on A/D input switches. See section 11.1 of this guide:

It was my understanding that your only requirements were to control the relays through the web interface, I did not know this would be a concern.

For this particular application it is not a requirement. I had decided ahead of time not to have manual control. But for my other board which is a Lantronix XPort Fusion setup, it already has toggle switches connected to it, but since we lost our on-site person who set all this up we were locked out of it. I had to do a reset to default which then gave us access. I renamed all the relays, but then noticed the toggle switches no longer worked. Apparently that is software based and got wiped out during my reset.

Ok. So, beginning on Line 1061 I should input the information you supplied? If so, how many lines down should go away. Sorry, I’m out of my wheelhouse with HTML CSS scripting.

Basically you just want to find this line and then replace it with the code I shared above:

ui_html += '</div><div class="bank_wrapper"><div class="bank_header"><span>Bank '+current_bank+'</span><button class="button" onclick="query_relay_bank_status('+current_bank+', {\'callbacks\': [update_relay_bank_status_ui]})">Refresh</button></div>';

Getting close. I followed your instructions and substituted the code. Now the banks show up as Bank 1, Troubles 9-16, Troubles 17-24, Troubles 25-32, Troubles 33-40, Troubles 41-48. Trying to figure out what I did wrong with the syntax for Bank 1.

On line 1055 change the text “Bank 1” to “Troubles 1-8”

You’re the man! That worked. Now, I know I’m wearing out my welcome, but how to I upload a Company Logo at the top? Similar to how our other Lantronix Xport Pro looks:

Look for this in the code:

<div id='title'>
                            <div class='right'><b id='txtdevicename'></b>&nbsp;CONFIGURATION&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href='javascript:void(0);' onclick='do_logout();'>Logout</a></div>
                        </div>

That is what puts the top bar across the top of the page that says NCD.io Configuration. You could replace that with an image for your company, or just change the NCD.io Configuration text with your company name to keep things simple.