MIRPRO Issue after hours working

When stuck, Led Status on Sender is off and on the Receiver is 3 red blinking.

If I press reset button on MCU it comes to work again.

I tested 3 times this weekend and sane result every time , works for hours and then the Sender stuck.

Hi @ragedet

I understand that it would be difficult for you to send the devices back for RMA.
I also understand that you have been trying to get this issue resolved for several days. I am trying everything I can to determine what could be happening with these devices but we have never seen this failure before with these products so I am having difficulty determining what could possibly be wrong. For all of that I want to apologize.

I know you may be getting frustrated at this point and I can understand that. However will you be willing to work with me to resolve this issue? If so I will create a new firmware you can flash to the input/sender board that will print debug information to the USB port which will allow me to troubleshoot the problem. If you are willing to do this please let me know.

Thank you,
Travis

Hi @TravisE_NCD_Technica ,

Yes, we are very frustated and the main problem is this is not a device for testing purposes, we sold this to a customer and they are waiting for the installation. I never tought we would have problems with the wireless system.

Send the goods for RMA is a problem because take a lot of time, but I want to know what else are you doing by your side. Are you preparing a new set of MirPro? Are you preparing a new Sender to send us ASAP? This is the kind of service from a USA company.

Because if you send me a new pair of radios I can send you the radios with problems by our Fedex account without problem, but we need win some time.

Even, I can continue working with you on trying to solve this problem, but if this is not the first unit you sold, and the problem is not the power supply board, how are you trying to solve the problem with a Firmware upgrade? I think the problem is the MCU or the Xbee, so this is simple like you sent a new pair of MirPro and I send you the damaged MirPro.

Really, now I need a solution by this days, because our customer is waiting since 4th October the installation.

I can send you a new set of boards but I cannot guarantee it will solve this problem.

I believe it is possible the devices were damaged by connections made to the board. If I ship a new set of boards you must power them with regulated 12VDC power supplies, and let them operate for a few hours to make sure they work. After that you can make connections as needed for your installation, if the new boards fail in the same way then the failure is not due to faulty devices.

Please send me a private message with the address you would like the new set of devices shipped to.

@TravisE_NCD_Technica ,

Thank you for understand our position. I sent you the message, I will follow your instructions to check and test the device before make connections of my installation.

@ragedet,

I apologize for the delayed response but I was able to replicate the failure you were seeing here in my office. This seems to be isolated only to 2.4ghz modules for some reason. Since we have primarily sold this product with 900 mhz or 868 mhz modules and this error takes several hours to occur we never saw the error.

It took a while to correct this since we had to make updates to the firmware, then wait more than 10 hours for the error to occur or not. I believe I have the issue corrected in the firmware that runs on the 4-20mA input sender board though. It has been running for more than 16 hours without a failure and is still running now.

I would like for you to attempt updating the firmware on your 4-20mA input sender board. Updating firmware can be done via the USB connection to the board. Instructions for performing the firmware update can be found here I know the instructions say it’s for a Gateway device but it’s the same procedure for your input board there:

Please let me know what you find.

Thank you,
Travis Elliott

Hi @TravisE_NCD_Technica ,

I updated the Sender past Friday and the modules have been working all wekeend (more than 72 hours), problem seems to be solved.

That’s great news. I apologize for this inconvenience. As I said earlier it just wasn’t an issue we’ve seen until this point. I’m glad we were able to find and resolve it.

Take care,
Travis