MIRPRO Issue after hours working

Maybe not ready for prime-time - we’ve had problems too. Looking at E&H’s mA gateway too. Hope you get it fixed.

@TravisE_NCD_Technica can you add this in the firmware
if no data is sent for more then 1 min

1. soft reset the radio (command – 7E 00 04 08 11 46 52 4E)
  2. soft reset the mcu

in noisy environment, radio could go in unresponsive state and the only two way to bring it back it either power cycle or soft reset.

@ragedet,

I’d like to confirm there is not a hardware related problem. This should be simple enough to test. To do this set both boards so they are targeting each other’s address again (ie 00:13:A2:00:…). Power them up outside their enclosures and let them fail again.

Once they have failed locate the Blue wireless module where the antenna connects. You will see two rows of pins on that module. Position the module so the chamfered end of the module is pointing to your right. Now test voltage on the first and last pins on the row of pins furthest from you. You should read 3.3VDC on the module in each board. If you do then they still have power.

Next locate the processor module which has the LED on it. Position the board so the USB connector is towards the right(should be same orientation when you tested the wireless module). Use our volt meter to test voltage between the last and second pins to your right on the row of pins furthest from you. You should read 5VDC. If so then the processor still has power.

I am trying to determine if the 3.3VDC or 5VDC regulators are overheating over time and going into thermal shut down. If they are then an RMA will be required. If not we may be able to resolve the outage via @Bhaskar suggestion.

Please let me know what you find.

Thank you,
Travis

@TravisE_NCD_Technica ,

I did the test, and have 3.3Vdc on Zigbee and 5Vdc on ESP before and after fail.

I think we could try the idea of Bhaskar, but after fail the Sender don’t do nothing, even if I press the CFG button, led status continues off. Last time I saw with my eyes the fail, the Sender just pass from 4 green blinking led to status led off in seconds, but I can try it before send the goods back on RMA.

@ragedet while Travis is building new firmware can you try this

1. while unit is stuck, remove the radio module and plug it back and see if it comes back to life
  2. if not press rest button on the CPU module ( marked as RST)

Hi @Bhaskar ,

1 - Doesn’t work, still stuck after reinstall the Zigbee module.

2 - After press RST button, works again.

Will the firmware update works or not?

if it started working without device power cycle than firmware should fix it .

I apologize for not getting this firmware update to you today. I was out of the office. I will try to get a firmware update file uploaded to our server tomorrow so you can update the firmware on your devices to see if that resolves the issue.

@ragedet I just updated the Input board firmware for the Mir Pro pair. After 30 seconds of not receiving a transmission from the receiver it will attempt to do a Force Reset as @Bhaskar suggested. You can update your input board using the instructions provided here:

If you have any questions on this please let us know.

Thank you,
Travis Elliott

@TravisE_NCD_Technica same apply to transmitter as well ? if it doesn’t send there will be force reset

@TravisE_NCD_Technica,

Ok. I will follow the instructions. Where is the firmare to download it?

The Python application will pull it down from our repository.

@TravisE_NCD_Technica ,

What number I have to choice? I can’t see Mir Pro

@ragedet apologies. I forgot to update the python script. Can you please download Flash Script from GitHub and try again? It will be option 16.

@TravisE_NCD_Technica ,

I get this error when I tried to update firmaware:

Hi @ragedet sometimes the connection does not work that well. Once the terminal Says connecting press and hold the RST button on the module near the USB port. Hold it while the … is printing, then just before it switches to ____ release the reset button.

Let me know if that works.

Thank you,
Travis Elliott

@TravisE_NCD_Technica ,

Done now. I will test and come back with comments in a few hours.

@TravisE_NCD_Technica ,

First report. After test communication (not getting stuck) we found a new issue:

• If I power off Sender (simulating lost power), Receiver goes to 3 red blinking led. After I power up Sender again, Receiver goes to 4 green blinking led and communication works well again.

• But, If I power off Receiver (simulating lost power), Sender goes to 3 red bliking led. After I power up Receiver again, Sender continue on 3 red blinking led forever. Only way to recover communication is power reset the Sender.

This issue is new, because before Firmware upgrade, power off Sender or Receiver and power up again, the communication recovery works well.

Now I’m testing if the stuck is resolved, but I need hours of testing. However even if the stuck problem works, I can’t use the equipment with this new issue.

@TravisE_NCD_Technica ,

New firmware doesn’t work. Still get stuck after hours working.

What now? I can’t continue doing try and error for a product that have to be ready to work out of the box.

What is the led status when its stuck?
If you reset the mcu does it starts working again?