Industrial Temperature and Vibration Sensor Versions

1. What is the difference between:
    Industrial Long Range IoT Wireless Vibration Temperature Sensor (ncd.io)
    and
    Industrial IoT Wireless Vibration And Temperature Sensor Transmitter (ncd.io)

2. Can I configure the sensors (sample rate, etc) using the WiFi MQTT Gateway? Or do I need the USB Modem as well?

Thanks,

Brian

Hi Brian,

The MEMS version supports sending raw values which can be converted into FFT data. The non MEMS version only supports Min, Max, and Average readings for all vibration axis.

Thank you,
Travis Elliott

Thanks Travis!

1. Can I configure the sensors (sample rate, etc) using the WiFi MQTT Gateway? Or do I need the USB Modem to configure the sensor?

If you are going to use Raw Data I highly recommend using the IoT Edge Computer which has more computing power for those requirements. You can take a look at it here:

Also through the IoT Edge Computer running Node-Red you can configure sensor settings so a USB modem is not required.

Is there a document describing how to configure the vibration sensor using the IoT edge computer? I’m looking to zero the sensor, enable time-series data (shown as not implemented in the Node-Red object), and any other sensor configuration.

I just uploaded a video on this topic:

Let me know if you have any questions.