Direct Wired Contact Closure Remote SPDT Relay Controller 8-Channel 1-Way Not comunicating

Hello, I purchased recently a direct wired remote relay system. I have the two units powered up, with the ready light on . The data link is in and confirmed that all wires/colors match up. The distance is only test purposes of 1m. But when close contacts on the transmitter I get no busy LED and no change of state of the receiver relays. Looks to be pretty straight forward or is there some trick to this??

So I have reversed the data link wiring by not following the colour coding. Now Red to Blue not Red to Red and Blue to Blue and it’s switching realys. But the Remote relay status LED’s at the transmitter end do not work.

Please let us know what parts you are working with. An order number, part number, or links would be helpful.
Thanks,
Ryan

Ok, I reviewed your order, so this helps a lot. There is printing on the top of the connectors. There is printing that is marked Ground, In, and Out. The two grounds on each controller must be connected together. In should be connected to Out on the opposite controller. Out on controller A connects to In on controller B. Out on Controller B connects to In on Controller A. This should be all you need to get it running.
Thanks,
Ryan

Hi Ryan, yes the relays now work but the Remote relay status LED’s at the transmitter end do not work. Do the relays require a switched load in order for the Transmitter LED’s to indicate which relay has switched?

This is not required, the relays should be showing remote status. Please make sure the jumper mode on the relay controller is set to “Smart” mode. Let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Ryan

Hi Ryan, the Remote relay status LED’s wont work. The setting is Smart mode. Also relays 5 and 6 do not switch. I can see the transmitter sending the signal but it wont close the relays. All other relays work ok.
Thanks Pete

Please tell me what kind of wiring you are using in your testing, as well as the distance. If relays 5 and 6 are not switching, this would suggest some communications problems between the controllers.

.5mm screened data cable at 1.5m for testing purposes.

Ok, is there any chance you can show us a photo of the wiring and also indicate the type of power supply you are working with. I will also include @Travis in this conversation, as he may be able to point out something I am missing. I will also send a request to production department to re-build the items on your order for testing purposes.
Thanks,
Ryan

Ok, so we replicated the order here and discovered something very interesting that I was not aware of. This may have affected your controller. On the transmitter board, there is a pluggable connector. It is shown in the 3rd photo of this thread. On this controller is a long black connector. Immediately to the right of this connector is a small black part with 4 contact points. A recent change in suppliers of connectors has enlarged this connector, and may be interfering with this part, causing it to weaken the connection. If possible, please add solder to all 4 contact points on this small part. This should fix most of the problems you describe. Please let me know if this helps or if you are unable to solder this component.
Thank You,
Ryan

Hi Ryan,

so I have soldered the contact points as requested. The relays are working better. But still number 6 relay does not work and the Transmitter LED’s do not work either. Can we have a replacement sent out? And or what is the price difference to get the wireless system instead?
Thank you
Pete

Sure Pete, if you will order two of the wireless modules, we will ship you replacements and we will cover the shipping costs. Please order two wireless modules and we will get you new boards ASAP:

Thanks Pete, I am so sorry for the problems, but we will take good care of you so no worries.
Ryan

Hi Ryan,
are 100% sure the LED’s and #6 relay will work with the wireless module installed? Or should we send back the Transmitter and receiver boards and have those replaced? Just we are waiting here in the factory to get this system working ASAP and don’t want to have to wait for more parts if the wireless module doesn’t do the trick.
Thanks for your help
Pete