Web-i Relay status not updating

Hello, this is my first post here and could not find a similar issue pertaining to this. I am using a 16-relay board configured as a TCP server with a static IP address. I have a python script that is continuously running which connects to the relay boards server socket (2101) to autonomously control/monitor relay positions. The python scripts works as expected, it change the position of relays and read the status of each relay.

I can also connect to the Web-i interface on a browser at the same time to manually control each relay switch position (Just using the standard 16_relay.html file). So the standard “ON”, “OFF”, and “Toggle” buttons work as expected but the issue is with status of the relays, they do not change, and just say “Off” even when then are actually On.

Is there any way to have the Web-i interface get status updates of the relay while the python script is still connected? I have tried changing the connection type from TCP-server to Web-i but that seems to just change server port to use the http port, 80, which fixes the Web-i relay status but now I can only have one of the two devices connected at a time, either the python script or Web-i, not both.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you

Unfortunately you will need to pick on or the other. The WEB page cannot receive data back from the cpu unless the module is set to work as WEB-i.

An alternative is to host a web interface on the computer running the Python script and have that python script send commands to the board accordingly.

Thank you,
Travis Elliott

Thanks for the information. Figure that was the case, but wanted to double check. Thanks again!