Vibration Sensor V3 Sampling Interval

Hello,

I use V3 vibration/temperature sensors with Node-Red. I use the Node-Red Flow that you made available on GitHub (see next image) to configure the sensors.

I use “the ncd-red-wireless” Node-Red module to communicate with the vibration sensors. I tried the “ncd-red-wireless-2” module but this one doesn’t do the job since the “Sampling Interval” can’t be set to less than 5 minutes while I need a 1 minute setting.

Unfortunately, when I set the “Sampling Interval” of the Node-Red “ncd-red-wireless” module to 1 minute, it does not change the time between two data readings. However, I tried with a setting of 10 minutes and it works.

Can you please help me?

Hi Bert,
The min sampling interval in Firmware version 2 hardware is 5 min.
In firmware version 3 or above hardware it can be 1 min.

try this – set the interval to 1hr and see what you get.

Thanks

Hi Bhaskar,

Oh, when we changed the generation of vibration sensors we use from generation 2 to generation 3, we thought that the sampling intervals could be set with the same flexibility as with the V2 sensors (in seconds of interval).

This is important to us because some of our clients use these sensors to calculate the running time of their machines based on the vibration. For this purpose, a sampling interval of at least one reading per minute is required.

I did the test you suggested. If I choose a sampling interval of 60 minutes, I get a reading every 4 minutes!?!?!?!?

we had to restrict the intervals option due the raw mode ( it sends hundreds packets) whats the node id ?

Well, the nodeId of this sensor is 8.

Is it possible to update the firmware of the sensors we have on hand to version 3?

Is there a detailed procedure for this?

Yes, i just put together a short description

I will add some pictures as well.

Great !

Could you also add a link to the ncd USB to Serial Converter. I didn’t find it using the search engine of the ncd website

Thanks

it looks like this

I think we might have included one in one of your order. if not i will send one out tomorrow.

Hi Bhaskar.

To my knowledge we do not have such a converter. But think I have already ordered a Digi module programmer instead.

My partner Sylvie placed an order yesterday for a sensor and an antenna. Could you please add to the order a USB to Serial converter and the cable to connect it to the USB port of my PC as well as the cable to connect it to the serial port of the sensor?

Just to be sure, the serial port of the sensor is the connector circled in red on the following picture, correct ?

Thanks a lot for your always appreciated support :slight_smile:

Hi Bertrand,
Any USB-Serial will work. the adapter we made just makes easy to connect and remove.

Yes, we will add to that order.

correct, white connector is where the USB-serial will connect.

Happy New Year!!!

Thanks

Hi Bhaskar.

Thanks a lot. I will notify Sylvie of the change to the order.

Happy New Year 2022 to you too. I intend that my company will further increase the deployment of your innovative technologies to our clients in 2022 .

So Cheers :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Bhaskar,

I have two small follow-up questions:

1. Just to be sure… With V3 vibration sensors using firmware 2, I need to use the ncd-red-wireless-2 Node-Red library. With V3 vibration sensors using firmware 3, I have to use the ncd-red-wireless Node-Red library. Is this correct?

2. Once a V3 vibration sensor has been configured, how can we read the sensor parameters with Node-Red. When the configuration of a sensor is completed, we receive the following confirmation message, but I have not found a way to read back the sensor settings afterwards.
    Thanks

Hi Bertrand,

1. ncd-red-wireless-2 will work with firmware 2 and 3.
  2. currently node red doesn’t have a way to read setting. @TravisE_NCD_Technica have you looked into adding this.

Thanks

We do not currently have support for reading configuration settings out of the sensor. It must be assumed that if a Config Result message is received back and all items are true then the configuration was successful and the sensor is configured as desired. Adding handling for this will be a big task and more than likely will not be completed in the near future. I will however dig deeper into this.