Two of five wireless temperature-humidity sensors intermittently reading 130F degrees in freezer

Hi @TravisE_NCD_Technica, we’ve got all five sensors up and running in the freezers and they seem to be generally working except two are intermittently reporting data.temperature_f around in 130F and 100% humidity in the freezer. Any idea why? Here are the graphs and some sample data:

{"data":{"temperature_c":58.22,"temperature_f":136.8,"humidity":100,"transmission_count":225},"info":{"ip":"192.168.1.172","ssid":"FarmLink2.4","mac":"F0:08:D1:46:4D:F4","rssi":-45,"firmware":"1.0.1","interval":60000,"name":"NCD-4DF4","timestamp":1682130332}}

Hi @rob.barreca,

Hope you’re doing well.

We had intermittent issues like this when we first released the MQTT Temperature/Humidity sensors. It was corrected through hardware however by a solder jumper on the PWR pads on the board and we have not had reports of it since. Perhaps the units you have are early production units. Can you share a close up photo of one of the devices in question with the lid removed?

Thank you,
Travis Elliott

Hi @TravisE_NCD_Technica, we’ve been experiencing this since back in April but it’s become more of an issue so I finally got around to taking photos. There are three sensors that exhibit this buggy behavior, but we have a few others that seem to work fine and are in similar conditions and have the same setup. It sure seems like these three devices are defective in some way. Photos of each are below with a link to live sensor data.

Chest Freezer (P-04)

Sensor data

Upright Freezer (P-05:07)

Sensor data

Upright Freezer (L-18:20)

Sensor data

I’ll be happy to take a look at them if you’d like. The sensor I put in my freezer from last time I spoke is still in there and giving consistently good readings. I have mine set to report every 5 seconds.

Seems strange that all 3 sensors would be acting like this.

You can fill out an RMA here:

Thank you,
Travis Elliott