Trouble installing labview driver on Windows 7 64-bit OS with LabVIEW 2016 64-bit

The following instructions do not work for my Windows 7 64-bit OS with LabVIEW 2016 64-bit set up.

Is this because the LabVIEW is 64-bit?

1. Download Instrument driver ZIP file from ProXR-labview-driver-v3
  2. Extract this file and Copy ProXR folder.
  3. Paste this Folder in the instr.lib folder in your LabVIEW installation folder.

Download Instrument driver 2011 ZIP file from ProXR-labview-driver-v3.2.rar_

If you are looking for USB, RS485, RS232 relay controller exe you can find it over here Ncdio-ProXR-Relay-Tester-v2.0.0.rar_

Example: For LabVIEW 2015 32bit installation on a 64 bit Windows environment, paste it in following path,

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2015\instr.lib

1. Restart your LabVIEW software.
  2. Your ProXR instrument driver can now be accessed from block diagram by right clicking and selecting Instrument I/O -> Instrument drivers.

Can you please share a screenshot of the error that you are encountering. Or is it just not showing up in the Instrument driver palette?

Unfortunately instrument drivers simply do not show up on the instrument driver palette.

If you extracted the compressed file and placed it in instr.lib folder, it will not work. You have to place the underlying folder named ProXR in the instr.lib folder.
If you have already done the above step correctly then please follow the steps below

1. Open the LabVIEW project file contained in the extracted instrument driver folder (ProXR).
  2. Right click the project and select “Mass Compile”
  3. Exit LabVIEW, and then START it again. The instrument driver VIs should now appear on the Instrument drivers palette.

Yes! That helped but I need to do 2 other things as well. First, I had to change the name of the folder from “PROXR-labview-driver-V3” to “ProXR” and I had to save it in a different directory. “C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2016\instr.lib” instead of “C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2016\instr.lib”

Thank you for your help!

Sorry for the inconvenience, I think the folder structure got changed during the recent update of the driver. The underlying ProXR named folder seems to be renamed. Thanks for sharing, we will fix it.
Yes the path “C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2016\instr.lib” is meant for 32-bit installation. Whereas, 64-bit installation of any program happens at “C:\Program Files\xxx”, we will mention it in the instructions for future convenience.

Thanks