Settings and Firmware are not being applied in NCD Config Tool


My setup consists of an NCD5500 Ethernet Module connected to a Industrial High-Power Relay Controller 2-Channel + UXP Expansion Port,
which has a UXP 16-Channel 12-Bit Analog to Digital Converter Expansion Board connected to that.

I have two of these setups where one board is working as intended and the other is having issues updating settings via the NCD Config Tool. If I try to attempt to change any of
the device settings and apply the settings, it will never apply any of the changes to the board. For example I need to the board to work as Web-I. I change this, click apply and
it changes back to TCP Server. I also tested this with changing the IP address and those settings won’t get applied either. Also, I am unable to
update this device to the latest firmware. Both boards have a device type of: NCDWEBIV2. The only difference it seems between the two is the working one has firmware
version 2.4 and the not working one has version 2.1. So I thought maybe I needed to update the firmware of the device. I follow the guide from: GitHub - ncd-io/ncd_Ethernet and upload
HRev2_NCD5500_Latest.bin to the device. I follow the steps exactly on the page and it’s still sticking to firmware version 2.1. Me and my colleague notice that in the non-working unit that it
was missing the Run/Program jumpers. We installed the jumper thinking that would fix the issue, but it did not. Is there a potential fix to this? Let me know if you need any more information.


Hi Dalton,

Can you send a photo of the board that is not functioning? Of particular interest is the jumper on the Ethernet module itself.

Also could you send a screen capture of what the ncd config tool is showing for the non-functioning unit?

Hi Jacob,

Thank you for the reply. I would also like to mention that the Relay Controller may have been shipped without the Run/Program jumpers installed. Would this cause any issues to the unit itself? We never touched the Ethernet module jumpers and it remains without any jumpers, just like the working unit.

Here is the screenshot of the non-working unit:

I do notice that the working unit has some data being exchanged so I think it may be relevant to include that screenshot too.

Here is the screenshot of the working unit:

Here are various photos of the board:

Let me know if you need more information. Thanks.

Hi Dalton,

Apologies for the delay, I must have missed the notification for this reply.

I would try to update the firmware on the non-functioning unit. You can find instructions for this on this repo: GitHub - ncd-io/ncd_Ethernet

You’ll notice that the latest version on the repo is 2.3. Updating to version 2.4 from earlier versions can cause issues so it is not publicly available. The main functional difference is the ability to update the configurations through the Web UI which is primarily for applications that run off of non-windows machines. There should be no functional difference on your end between version 2.3 and 2.4.