Sensor Configuration Mode

How can I put the environmental air quality sensor (PR55-45L) in configuration mode? I’ve come across multiple different methods but can’t seem to get one to work. Once in configuration mode, how can I tell that it’s in configuration mode? Thank you.

Hi @akaf24

• Are you using Node-RED to config the sensor?

Config mode procedure:

1. Press and release the reset button( labeled as RST on the enclosure).
  2. Immediately, press and hold the configuration button( labeled as CFG on the enclosure) for 5-8 seconds.
  3. Release CFG button.

Thank you,
Eduardo M.

Thanks, I’m using Comm Operator and trying to follow the steps in Wireless Environmental Sensor Product Manual. I was told that Base Station, Alpha Station, and the LabView programs won’t work for our Modem (PR55-57C). I can read sensor data from Comm Operator, but can never get any Configuration responses from commands as shown in the manual

If you are going to do it manually like this you will need to change the Network ID setting in the module installed in the modem to 7BCD.

If you are using Comm Operator successfully then I assume you must have it mounted as a virtual COM port to Windows.

You can use Digi’s X-CTU software here to change the Network ID parameter from 7FFF to 7BCD. At that point if you put the sensor into configuration mode you will receive the CFG mode message from the sensor.

After configuration you must change the network ID back to 7FFF to receive run mode messages from the sensor once again.

Thank you,
Travis

Thanks for sharing, I couldn’t get XCTU to discover my device earlier today, so I tried setting HR 111 Pan ID manually to 7BCD. I’ll grab another modem and see if I can connect to XCTU now.

Yes, I have it as a virtual COM port, but still no luck getting XCTU to discover any of the modems. Do you recommend trying Node-RED instead of Command Operator to configure the sensors? After setting the Modem’s Pan ID to 7BCD and following the button procedure for the sensor, I’m not getting any responses from the sensor that would indicate it’s in configuration mode.

1.make sure sensors , modems have same network ID , encryption key and other settings
2. sensor will NOT show up in scan because they are sleeping
for sensor configuration we recommend node red