RS232 SPDT controller

Hello all. I just received a relay controller for a project at work and am struggling. I am brand new to this so please bare with me and my lack of knowledge.

I am trying to use the relay controller to act as a remote for a DC power supply. The system was originally written in LabVIEW and it powers a fully remote adjustable power supply. I am using a “dumb” power supply that is fixed output. I simply need to connect 2 leads to complete the circuit. I am aware that this relay is not for low power applications, and if I am unable to get it to work this way I can switch power if it comes to that.

As simple as it sounds, I am unable to accomplish this. I realize I will have to change the LabVIEW function, and I have attempted to load the drivers per the instructions. None of them are selectable.

Question 1. Will this relay driver work with Windows 7? Unfortunately I am stuck with Win7 and it cannot be upgraded per contractual requirements.

Question 2. Is there any default functions built into the relay controller? I have never used a base station at all and am wondering if it’s a requirement or just a way to fully take advantage of the hardware?

I’m sure there will be many more questions as my project moves on.

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

Base Station isn’t a requisite, but if you’re using one of the Industrial Line which relies primarily on Serial and TCP communications and you’re brand new to the product line I would recommend using it to familiarize yourself with how the controller should respond and maybe see a few of the options for relay control (bank state, individual, toggle, etc.) and ADC (if your board has ADC).

If you’re using one of the I2C Relay Boards the recommended software for this is AnyI2C.

If AnyI2C doesn’t control your I2C relays or Base Station doesn’t control your Serial/TCP Relays then it may not be a software issue.

Hi, you are most welcome to ask any question during the course of your project. I developed the LabVIEW driver for the ProXR series and will be happy to assist you.

1. Yes it will work with Windows 7, you just need to have LabVIEW 2011 or any later development version. If you have any specific issue that relates to windows 7 then please let me know.
  2. Base station is there to just get you started. You can also use it if you just want to switch a specific relay and not interested in developing a commercial/dedicated application. You can also use a dedicated application that was developed for the ProXR series boards, it also displays the incoming and outgoing data, as well as the Driver VI used for the task you perform. Its available here Ncdio ProXR Relay Tester-v2.0.0

Thanks

Also, can you post a snapshot of your LabVIEW Instrument I/O pallette. What do you mean by “None of them are selectable”?

Thanks