"report_rate" configuration problem

Hello,

I’m trying to program about ten “2-Channel Industrial IoT Long-Range Wireless 4-20mA Current Receiver” sensors (model PR55-47_2CR).

The sensors are supposed to take a reading every 30 minutes. So I set the Delay to 1800 (30 × 60 sec = 30 min). However, readings are only taken once an hour for all the sensors.

I programmed the sensors in OTF using Node-Red, and here is the result I obtained:

In machine_values, the value set in report_rate seems OK (7 × 256 + 8 = 1800). However, the report_rate in report_config seems inconsistent (-989855476 seconds).

The sensor is running firmware version 17, and the version of the Node-Red module @ncd-io/node-red-enterprise-sensors is 2.0.6.

Do you have any idea what might be causing this problem?

Thank you

There is a mismatch between the bytes and how they are decoded. @Eduardo_Mtz, please can you check the decoding for firmware version 17

Hello @bertrand.gauvreau thank you, we’ve added the missing calibration bytes in decoder. The changes are live in our temp-dev branch. If you are using Gateway you can follow this guide to pull from tem-dev branch.

Thank you

Hi @Eduardo_Mtz

I installed the Node-Red flow, ran it, and here’s what I got.

Note that Node-Red is running on a Windows 11 Pro machine. So I modified the path accordingly.

Thanks

@Eduardo_Mtz

This is what I get when I try to install manually :

Thanks

Hi @bertrand.gauvreau this process is only for Gateway’s users. If you are using Modem and a windows pc, try the follow steps:

1 Stop Node-RED: Open the command prompt window where Node-RED is running.
Press Ctrl + C to stop the Node-RED service.

2 Navigate to the Node-RED directory: Open a new command prompt window and enter:
cd .node-red

Press Enter to execute the command.

3 Uninstall the existing NCD library: Run the following command to remove the current version:
npm uninstall @ncd-io/node-red-enterprise-sensors

Press Enter and wait for the process to complete.

4 Install the temporary branch: Run this command on the command prompt window to install the temp-dev branch manually:
npm install https://github.com/ncd-io/node-red-enterprise-sensors/tree/temp-dev

Press Enter and wait for the installation to complete.

5 Restart Node-RED: Once the installation is complete, start Node-RED by typing:
node-red

Press Enter to launch the service.

NOTE: In case you get a npm error code ENOENT syscall spawn git, I would recommend to follow this steps:

1 Install git in your Windows machine, follow this: Git - Install for Windows

Be sure to select Git from the command line and also for 3rd-party software (recommended) during the adjusting your PATH environmet setup, once installation is completed, close and open a new command prompt window and type:
cd .node-red

Press Enter to execute the command, then type:
npm install https://github.com/ncd-io/node-red-enterprise-sensors/tree/temp-dev

Press Enter and wait for the installation to complete.

Thanks.

Hi @Eduardo_Mtz

I get the exact same error message :

Thanks

Hi @bertrand.gauvreau did you install Git on your windows machine? Take a look at the note in my previous response.

Thanks

@Eduardo_Mtz

Oh! Sorry, I didn’t read all the way through!

I finished the update process and reprogrammed the sensor. I’m going to let it run for a while to see if the readings every 30 minutes are correct. I’ll get back to you soon with the results.

Thank you

@Eduardo_Mtz

I ran some tests, and here are the results I obtained:

1- When I program the sensor, the report_rate in report_config is now consistent with the report_rate in machine_values (1800 seconds).

2- When the sensor returns to read mode, it takes two readings spaced 30 minutes apart, as desired.

3- But 30 minutes after those first two readings, the sensor sends only the “Fly” command, without sending any readings.

4- So: T = reading, T + 30 = reading, T + 60 = “Fly” message only.

This behavior seems very strange to me.

Thank you.

Hello @bertrand.gauvreau It can only happen if Fly and sensor_data overlap, sensor transmit Fly every hour. You can set report rate to 28 min (1680 seconds) and share your results please.

Thank you.

@Eduardo_Mtz @Bhaskar

I ran tests with different delay values, and the result was the same every time. The values are read whenever the delay expires—except when the read time coincides with the 60-minute mark. In that case, only a Fly command is sent to the modem, without a read.

Unless I’m mistaken, the Fly command should be sent following a reading, not on its own. Is that correct?

Thank you

FLY is sent once an hour. Strangely, it’s colliding with the data interval. It doesn’t make sense. We are looking into this asap

OK. I’d appreciate it if you could let me know when you find something.

Thanks