Raspberry Pi 4 with 2-Channel 4-20 mA Current Loop Receiver 16-Bit ADS1115 I2C Mini Module

Hello Forum,

I would like to use a raspberry Pi 4 together with the 2-Channel 4-20 mA Current Loop Receiver 16-Bit ADS1115 I2C Mini Module and the https://store.ncd.io/product/i2c-shield-for-raspberry-pi-3-pi2-with-outward-facing-i2c-port-terminates-over-hdmi-port/.
I would like to connect a 4-20 mA pressure-sensor to the current-loop-receiver.
The pressure-sensor has a 10-30 VDC supply-voltage in case thats relevant?
My question is, does this current-loop-receiver work with the Pi 4 and with the i2C shield I selected?

Thank you in advance

Regards
Richard

Hi Richard,

Any of our I2C products will work with the I2C Shield for Raspberry Pie.

However you may want to do some research on how 4-20mA signals work. It sounds like your sensor provides loop voltage to the 4-20mA signal. This means you will want an input board that does not provide loop voltage. The 4-20mA Current Loop Receiver provides loops voltage. Any device on our site labeled as Loop Receiver means it provides loop voltage.

Hello Travis,

this would be the sensor I´m planning to use: 3500B0010A05E000 | Gems Drucksensor, 0 ... 10bar, 4...20 mA | Distrelec Deutschland
Do you have a board that would work with this sensor and the raspberry pi4?

Greetings
Richard

Hi Richard,
I will recommend this product

Thanks

Hello,

I am confused a little, I thought the Current-Loop-Receiver was not suitable for my configuration.
However thanks for your help.

Greetings
Richard

checkout page 2 of the sensor datasheet.

Good morning,

I checked out the datasheet.
I hope I understood this right, so the current loop reciever can supply up to 16V to my pressure-sensor?
Thus making it possible to go from the “signal-port” of the receiver to the sensor and back to the receiver “ground-port” without the usage of external power-supply?

kind regards
Richard

Yes, that is correct