Python libraries for XBee modem

Are there any Python libraries I could leverage for consuming data from the XBee modem, and also configuring sensors using it? We’d likely be using Ubuntu 18.04.

python lib can be found here

Thanks

Is there a similar Python library for ingesting data from the Wireless Ethernet Modem (PR55-17B)?

Thanks!
Tim

At this time we do not have a version of this library that supports TCP socket connections to modems. This would require a pretty large rewrite to the library and we have minimal requests for this. We hope to develop this in the future but at the moment we do not have anything.

Ok, thanks for responding! I have been able to connect to the socket on the modem and return data in Python but it is a mixture of hex and ascii. I have been unable to successfully parse the data to obtain the correct (negative) values. Would you have a library that can do the parsing?

Thanks again,
Tim

Hi Tim,

What you are going to receive through the socket is a DigiMesh API Receive Packet Frame. You can review Digi’s Documentation on the format of that data here:

Inside that frame starting at byte index 15 will be the data sent by the sensor. After you extrapolate that data from the DigiMesh Frame you can parse the sensor data. How that sensor data is parsed is unique to the sensor, that information can be found in the sensor user guide on our site under the product’s resources.

Thank you Tim,
Travis Elliott