Proximity sensor fails to send data!

Hello,

I’m trying to make a proximity/light sensor communicate with a Zigmo modem (see "Proximity-Light-Sensor-with-Zigmo.png’). The communication between the two works well when I do the configuration. In the image ‘Proximity sensor config.PNG’ you can see that all sensor parameters are standard except maybe the frequency of sending. Once the configuration is complete, I press the ‘Reset’ button on the sensor to put it in run mode. At this moment nothing happens. The sensor does not send data to the Lab View application.

I tested the Zigbee modules of the sensor and the Zigmod modem in XCTU. Everything seems fine on this side. The network is well in place. I have attached the images of the Sensor and Zigmo configuration.

As a last resort I tested the configuration with Node-Red. As you can see in the image “Node-Red.PNG”, all I get when I press the Reset button on the sensor is a message on the sensor mode (Run). No data on luminosity or proximity is sent.

I took the tests even further. I tested the Zigmo modem with another of our sensors (vibration/temperature) and everything works fine with this sensor. I also tested on another computer and got the same result: the vibration sensor sends data but not the brightness/proximity sensor.

All these tests took me a whole day, with no results… I would very much like you to help me to see things more clearly. Thank you!

Bertrand

Node-Red

Hi,
Did it ever sent RUN mode data?
If the modem is getting the run msg it means all the wireless settings are correct and communication part is working.

Thanks

Hi Bhaskar,

The Run status has been sent.
See the Node-Red scrennshot.

To put it in the Run mode, I press the Reset button for about 3 sec.

Also, just to be sure I desactivated encryption on both side.

BTW Bhaskar, what is the xr button of the sensor used for ?

Thanks

Bertrand

Hi Bertrand,
The XR button is connected to wireless module reset pin.

did you try with labview run UI?

looks like the proximity sensor is not communicating with the on board controller. I will run some testing over here and see if i can recreate the issue.

Thanks

Hi Bhaskar,

Yes, I tried it with the LabView UI app. I didn’t worked neither.

Since I’m supposed to install this sensor at my clien’t factory Thursday, I stay tuned

Thanks for your support

Bertrand

Hi Bert,
Will you be using it with battery or external power supply ?

Thanks

Hi Bhaskar,

With Batteries

Bertrand

Hi Bhaskar,

In my previous message, I indicated that the sensor must be installed at my customer’s site tomorrow. Were you able to determine if the symptoms I described correspond to a failure of the proximity sensor?

I don’t want to put pressure on you, but I have to tell my customer today if we’re going to install the sensor tomorrow.

Thank you for your understanding,

By the way, is it possible to communicate by email for more direct exchanges?

Bertrand

Hi Bertrand,
I am still waiting on sensor from production.

I will recommend telling the user that it wont be tomorrow.

I will drop you a direct email as well.

Thanks

Ok Bhaskar,

Thanks

Bertrand