PR52-33N only sending MAC address, no data

Greetings!

We have a PR52-33N (temp/vibration sensor) that connects to our Wifi Micro Gateway (PR55-21 MQTT) without issues. The device shows up in the “Devices” list on the configuration page of the Micro Gateway. It shows there is plenty of battery life, good signal and even the telemetry from the device.

When connecting to several brokers, the only piece of data we are getting from the sensor attached to the gateway is the MAC address of the sensor. It is missing the rest of the temperature and the rms x/y/z for vibration.

Watching one of the YouTube video’s on the site discusses having a USB modem to connect to some of these other sensors for configuring. Am I missing a vital piece of equipment to properly configure this unit? All signs point to yes so far.

The Micro Gateway is using a stock configuration, no TLS or anything like that.

What am I missing here, or is this a classic case of operator error?

Thanks!
~J

1 Like

Hi,

Can you provide screen shots of the configuration you have loaded into the MQTT Gateway?

Thank you,
Travis

Attached screenshots!

Thanks!
~J

You have the sensor topic format currently configured to /::Gateway_ID::/sensor/::Sensor_ID:: that determines the topic your client needs to subscribe to in order to receive publishes from the sensors. If your MQTT Broker supports wild card subscriptions you could try subscribing to the topic # then you should receive all publishes. Let me know if that does not work and what MQTT Broker you are using.

We are doing exactly that, just subscribing to “#” to see what rolls in.

We tested this both with Cirrus Link (Ignition) and vernemq and had similar results. I’ll work with testing on another broker as well.

Looking at the "#’ - here is what it looks like from mqtt.fx

Thanks!

Try changing Sensor message format to:
::Sensor_Data::

I can see the messages hitting the broker, but instead of a MAC address (preivously) they are completely blank now.

Hi,

I just setup a test here with the MQTT Gateway and a MEMS V2 Sensor. Everything appears to be coming into my MQTT Client as I would expect(See Screenshot).

Did you by chance put the sensor into RAW data mode? This is not currently supported by the MQTT Gateway.

You may also try a different broker to see if there is some sort of incompatibility issue we don’t know about. I use www.beebotte.com as a test broker for most testing.

Thank you,
Travis Elliott

Travis,

Is there a way to tell from the Gateway if we are sending in RAW data mode? I don’t think the sensor has been configured/touched since it was taken out of the box. I think we are missing the USB modem to do so actually, hence why I was sort of wondering if I need to order that.

I will use beebottle for some testing and see what shakes out!!

Thank you sir!
~J

So as a test I used the public hivemq broker and reconfigured my Gateway with something unique I could subscribe on. I can see the sensor publishing but there is no data.

If you have not changed any settings in the sensor then it should not be in RAW data mode. Looking at the screenshot of the devices page from the Gateway it appears to be in non RAW mode. I was just confirming that you did not change any settings.

Let me know what you find when testing with the beebotte broker.

Thank you,
Travis Elliott

Hi,

Could you attempt updating the firmware on your MQTT Gateway using the information provided here:

Absolutely!

Just as a record the current version is 1.0.3 at the bottom. What should I expect after the update so I can validate?

Thanks!

Hi,

It should be 1.0.4 after the update.

That was it!

After the firmware update, it is posting all the relevant data. Running 1.0.4 now

Is there a place I should look to check for firmware updates for devices and or release notes? I would have looked again but I just applied 1.0.3 a few weeks back and figured I was at the latest!

Thanks, once again for all your help!

~J

Great!

Unless you add a new sensor that is not supported you should not have any need to update firmware. The only changes we will make to the firmware will be to add support for new sensors.

Thank you,
Travis Elliott