Has anyone used node-red with the node-red-contrib-i2c node? I am trying to read a 4-20 mA signal using a 4-channel 4-20 mA board (PR33-10). I can see the device on address 73, but I don’t know what command or bytes to read the value.
I get a value returned, but I don’t think its correct as it never changes with my device.
Any ideas/advice on the command and bytes options?
I haven’t personally used that node, I grabbed the package initially, but what I’m working on now is a config node to connect a device to the I2C bus that can be reused (since most devices need to be able to read and write anyway it made more sense). The 4-20 mA boards are literally my first priority once I get the current library stable, I expect to have them out this week and will let you know
@Trey. Thanks. I tried giving the node a shot. I can only seem to get one channel to output and that ends up being the highest channel I have enabled. So if I have 3 channels as single ended then I only get a read on channel 3. If I have 4 enabled, I only get a read on channel 4. I tried messing around with the output all channels flag, but that doesn’t seem to make a difference. I am using version 1.0.6.
This is on a Pi Zero W.
Edit: I see that it has been updated to 1.1.0. I will update to the latest version and get back to you.
Edit 2: Even with the latest package I still see the same behavior. Only the highest value reports back in the payload.
@Trey I tried installing the 1.1.2 version on a raspberry pi Zero, similar to what I have 1.1.1 on, and I keep running into issues. The nodes show up, but won’t deploy. I get an NCD-Comm error. I looked in the list of nodes and it says installed with version 1.2.2. I made sure npm and node red were updated to the latest versions but continue to run into issues. Also when I run npm install ncd-red-ads1115 it deletes my node-red-contrib-modbus nodes.
I think it had to do with NPM. I ensured I was updated to the latest version of node red with update-nodejs-and-nodered and then was forcing an update, using npm i -g npm, to the latest version of npm as recommended on the install page. 5.8 I believe. This is when I would see funky behavior.
I went back and ran update-nodejs-and-nodered which reverted to npm 5.6 and things started to work fine.