NCD Gen3 Ethernet Module Pin Layout

Have used Xport Direct+ for a long time with our products. I have ordered some NCD Gen3 ethernet modules for testing.

Q: Pin layout is different between the two products. Is a version of the NCD available with matching pin layout or are board modifications expected with those changing to the NCD?

Thanx in advance.

Hi,

If you plan to install these Gen 3 modules in older ProXR series relay controllers then a voltage regulator update may be required on the ProXR board to support the higher power consumption of the NCD Gen 3 modules. To confirm this can you send a photo of the board you plan to install the Gen 3 module in with no module installed?

Thank you,
Travis Elliott

Travis,

I have no problems with the powering of the device. In fact it works exactly as expected and the same as the Direct+. The serial comms works identical. :clap:

I have not used any of your other products and have come here looking for a direct+ alternative.

My board has the standard Direct+ mounting rails. So to use this device I will need to either

• Manufacture an adapter
  • Redesign our PCB

My question is if you have a version or adapter to fit the NCD Ethernet module into the standard Direct+ mounting rails.

Thanx
Mick

Hi Mick,
We do not have any adapter which can convert ncd5500 into Xport direction connections.
I think if its a low volume need then you might be better off building a small adapter board.

Thanks

Thank you for confirming.

Ended up creating my own adapter board to allow us to connect the NCD to connect into an existing Xport Direct+ (12 Pin Socket 2mm Female Headers SIP).

• Supports Xport or NCD Network adapter.

1 Like