I want to use the INA196_2 Channel module. Could someone clarify for me:
- What is the function of the INA196 Current Shunt Monitoring chip?
- What is the value and specification of the shunt resistor (i.e. tolerance, temperature coefficient)?
- The specification refers to a 16V supply. I presume I can use this to power the sensor?
- INA is a current to Voltage converter. This voltage is read by the on board ADC1115.
- The value is 4.99Ohm and tolerance is 1%. temperature range is -40’C to 85’C.
- Yes, this 16V will power up the sensor.
Let me know if you have any questions.
From your reply I get:
- 4.99ohm @ 20mA gives a full scale of just under 0.1V
- With a gain setting of 2 the arduino code comment states +/-2.048V range = Gain 2
- Under the description tab for the device it says that use a gain setting of 2 and that “at 20mA the raw ADC value will be around 32154”.
What am I missing?