Micro Gateway Connection to Particulate Sensor

Hi all,

I have a micro gateway and a PR52-33M particulate sensor which I’m trying to get connected to each other.

I have the gateway in configure mode, but when I press and release the sensor’s reset button to force a transmission to the gateway, I am never seeing the device show up under the gateway’s “devices” tab. I was able to get it working the first time seemingly by accident, but am not able to reproduce in subsequent attempts.

I’m closely following this guide Sensor Configuration Using Micro Gateways - ncd.io. Any insight into what I’m doing wrong would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

Hi Matt,

The first thing I would try is a factory reset on the sensor. Press and release the RST Button, then press and hold the CFG button for 20 seconds, then release. After that press and release the RST button again. It should be factory reset. See if it appears in the Device List page then.

If that does not work the next thing I would try is a factory reset to the Gateway. To do that put it into Config Mode(Flashing Blue LED). Then press and hold the CFG button until the LED stops flashing(goes solid blue or turns off). The Gateway will reboot and will go straight to configuration mode.

Thanks Travis, I factory reset the sensor and was able to get it to show up under the devices tab. I configured the sensor and put the gateway into configuration mode, and it now shows “success” under the settings field.

The documentation shows that it should eventually show a “status” link to view configuration results but I never end up seeing that, it just stays in the “success” state. Can I assume it’s all set?

Thanks,
Matt

Hi Matt,

The Firmware in the gateway probably does not have support for that sensor’s data currently. I would go ahead and assume it is configured and ready to go if it says success.