Labview and default parameter enquiry of Industrial IoT Wireless Linear Displacement Sensor

Hi. I have purchased an Industrial IoT Wireless Linear Displacement Sensor - E100.

This IoT Wireless Linear Displacement Sensor has an additional feature of detecting change in position every 7 seconds (user configurable) and sending out Displacement value if the change in Displacement is greater than 10% (user configurable).

I was trying to find out where to set the parameter / adjust the user configurable but no idea at all.
I follow the link and then download the exe.

When I open the sensor configure, Sensor Type is 3 in default.

After checking the alpha station, it should be 29.

I am able to get the sensor config via Alpha Station but the parameters seem not consistent to what the quote said - to trigger the sending out when the change in Displacement breaches the threshold and adjust the time interval between detections.

Back to the labview, after change the sensor type to 29 and press the GET buttons, here’s the result.

At last, I find that when I fully extend the sensor, the distance is more than 100mm (~103mm). Could you advise the measurement steps or I need to manually map 0mm - 103mm into 1024 and do the calculation by myself?

Thanks.

PS: Same case happens on ’ 2 Channel Industrial IoT Wireless Thermocouple Sensor (ncd.io)’ as well. The labview is not working when requesting the sensor parameters. But everything is good when using Alpha Station.

Hi,
What parameters do you want to change?

I will highly recommend switching to node-red if you are using it on PC.

Thanks

This IoT Wireless Linear Displacement Sensor has an additional feature of detecting change in position every 7 seconds (user configurable) and sending out Displacement value if the change in Displacement is greater than 10% (user configurable).

I want to change the ?
This IoT Wireless Linear Displacement Sensor has an additional feature of detecting change in position every ? seconds (user configurable) and sending out Displacement value if the change in Displacement is greater than ?% (user configurable).

Glad to know the steps and material library/websites to follow if I go trying node-red. I tried node-red on RPI but not Windows. Good to learn more.

You can use labview ui to set the change detection parameter. Yes, it says its for sensor type 2 bt it will set.

When we started the sensor project, we wanted to give users a lot of software options, but soon it got difficult to manage, so we moved everything to node-red and now keep it up to data.

How to convert the raw data into linear movement ==
movement = (103mm/1024)* raw_adc

As mentioned at the very beginning, the labview ui doesn’t return anything where the default Sensor Type is 3. And I find out the Sensor Type is 29 in Alpha Station and everything works well there so I copy the sensor type 29 and paste on labview UI and read all the parameters again. However the returns are still abnormal as shown in the cap screen.

Besides, it seems there is no button to set the change detection parameter?

I download the labview here. Is that the wrong one?