Issue installing ncd nodes

I am unable to see the ncd nodes in Node-Red when filtering with “ncd”. Here are the last several lines of the debug log file after executing “npm i ncd-red-wireless node-red-dashboard” at the cmd prompt. I haven’t tried rolling node.js below v14.x as in past posts although I did rollback from installing v16.x, any suggestions or workarounds are much appreciated.

1734 verbose pkgid @serialport/bindings@2.0.8
1735 verbose cwd C:\Users\perry.node-red
1736 verbose Windows_NT 10.0.19042
1737 verbose argv “C:\Program Files\nodejs\node.exe” “C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\npm\bin\npm-cli.js” “i” “ncd-red-wireless” “node-red-dashboard”
1738 verbose node v14.18.3
1739 verbose npm v6.14.15
1740 error code ELIFECYCLE
1741 error errno 1
1742 error @serialport/bindings@2.0.8 install: prebuild-install --tag-prefix @serialport/bindings@ || node-gyp rebuild
1742 error Exit status 1
1743 error Failed at the @serialport/bindings@2.0.8 install script.
1743 error This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.
1744 verbose exit [ 1, true ]

If you are attempting to run ncd-red-wireless on a PC then try using ncd-red-wireless-2. It uses later version libraries. ncd-red-wirleess was intended for use on embedded platforms such as our IoT Edge Computer.

Excellent, that solved the problem.

1 Like

Great. Let us know if you need anything else.
Thank you,
Travis

Hi I have installed the node-red (using npm install -g --unsafe-perm node-red )
and then ncd-red-wireless-2 (by doing a git clone GitHub - ncd-io/ncd-red-wireless-2, and then npm install)
Finally I have installed dashboard using: >npm install node-red-dashboard
However when I run node-red, I don’t see the ncd package (objects such as gateway) in the list of available objects in the left pane. Do you know what may be wrong. All command run without any errors. I see common, function, network, storage … in the left pane but no NCD

Also if you have any examples on how to read a sensor through the wireless GW using the javascript library that would be very helpful.

When installing Node-Red packages via NPM you must do it from the home directory for Node-Red. Find where Node-Red is installed on the computer, then navigate to that directory and install the package. After installation you should find the new package inside Node-Red/node_modules. Also it is a good idea to restart Node-Red after installing new packages.

Thank you very much, that worked. Do you have any examples of a javascript code reading the sensor data from the wireless GW?

What sensor are you working with and what would you like to do with the data? Since you were installing dashboard I assume you want to display readings in a dashboard widget?