Industrial 6 Channel AmpMeter returning amps on disconnected circuits

Howdy guys :slight_smile:

I have an Industrial Current Sensor 6 channel 50 amp using a Lantronix Xport. Every so often when querying it via python I get some very wild reads, upwards of 1200amps. But most of the time it reads fine but it does also have some read outs when the 440v Disconnect is Off. I will add some links to the project and files in question. I would love any feed back :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I am sending this command basically:
170, 14, 188, 50, 10, 84, 146, 106, 1, 1, 6, 0, 0, 4, 85, 19

using this script:

thats based off of your NCD Relay Controller Python Script:

Here is the Out Put log file from the above script:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/teknix/ncd-current-sensor/master/ampmeter.log

I have been scratching my head for a while trying to figure out how the sensor could even pick up anything when the MAIN disconnect for 440v is off.

I appreciate any insight! Many thanks!

Ingo

it could happen when sensor is processing the data and it get queried in between.

ps. we have updated the firmware and now we can read all 6 channel within 500msec.

Thank you for the swift response Bhaskar! I will update my query time and see if that changes anything.

In ref. to your PS. I have an IoT WiPy amp meter new in the box here from you guys that I would love to exchange ( and pay the difference) for a Xport based Industrial 6 channel with the updated firmware. If you would rather talk via email let me know :wink:

we sure can update the hardware and firmware.
i can be reached at bhaskar@ncd.io

cheers!!!