How to read and write wirelessly to a rs 232 device

Hello,
My customer has an industrial scale that communicates with external systems via a RS232 port. To obtain the weight measured by the scale, a command is sent to the scale controller via rs 232, then the scale sends us the measured weight as a response (see diagram).

My question is: is it possible to use the Industrial IoT Wireless RS232 Modem, SKU: PR55-28’ to communicate with the scale controller ? I would like to be able to send a read command to the wireless scale controller via the modem and then the controller would send me the weight still wirelessly via the modem. The modem and the scale controller would be connected together with a rs 232 cable.

If possible, how should the rs232 wireless modem be configured? How to exchange data between the wireless modem232 and a USB wireless modem that would be connected to a PC using Node-Red as control software?

Thank you in advance for your help

Bert

Hi Bert,
The RS232 modem can be used for this application. You will need to set the wireless module in AT mod. it can be done using XCTU or we can do it.

from the PC side you can send serial data wrapped around Digi API.
this user is ding something similar

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks