Ethernet control

I recently purchased a 1-relay 5-amp ProXR Lite ethernet relay. I’m integrating it into a theater a/v installation to trigger a drop-down screen.

I’m able to trigger the relay using the NCD Base software. When I use our control software the “busy” light flashes briefly but the relay doesn’t trigger. So I know I’m sending the commands to the right place but I’m obviously making a mistake somewhere.

Below are the commands I’ve tried so far:

170 3 254 108 1 24
254 108 1
0xAA 0x03 0xFE 0x6C 0x01 0x18
0xFE 0x6C 0x01

I’ve tried these commands with and without a carriage return. Am I missing something? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

-Chris

Hi Chris,
This command is correct, and should be the command you test with:
0xAA 0x03 0xFE 0x6C 0x01 0x18

Which of the Ethernet modules are you working with, we have 2 variations, look at the printing on the top, it will say either Lantronix XPort or Lantronix XPort Pro.
Thanks,
Ryan

Thanks for the quick response.

I’ve tried that hex command and I get the same response (“busy” light flashes but the relay doesn’t trigger).

The module on this unit is the “Lantronix XPort”

-Chris

Hi Chris,
I will tag @Travis for his suggestions on this, he is an expert at using this module.
Thanks,
Ryan

Hi,

What software are you plugging the commands into? If it’s something like Crestron then you need to escape these bytes otherwise they are being sent to the controller as ASCII text which will not work.

Try this:
\x0xAA\x0x03\x0xFE\x0x6C\x0x01\x0x18

That should turn on relay 1 in bank 1.

You were on the right track, the format that ended up working was:
\xAA\x03\xFE\x6C\x01\x18

The control software we’re using is made by HRS Control, the software is called UDC.

Works perfect now, thanks for your help.

-Chris

No problem. Please let us know if you need anything else.