Controlling ProXR Lite Relay via Wireless Ethernet Modem

I have purchased the components listed below…

My intent is to read the temperature devices via the Ethernet Modem, which is working perfectly, and then be able to control the individual relay boards via the same Ethernet Modem as well.

The Ethernet Modem connects in “Alpha Station”, but does not connect in “NCD Base”.

What might I be doing wrong?
Is it not possible to control the relays through the Ethernet Modem?

If not, what are my options to control the relays, other than using a hard-wired USB Modem, connected to a serial port on the computer.

Thanks,
Doug

PR49-24A , IoT Long Range Wireless Temperature Humidity Sensor .
…with XBP9B-DMUT-002 , Long-Range Wireless Mesh XBee-Pro® U.FL Communications Module.

PR60-8_R120PL, High-Power Relay Controller 1-Channel + 8 Channel ADC ProXR Lite .
…with XBP9B-DMST-002, Long-Range Wireless Mesh XBee-Pro® Communications Module .

PR55-17B, Industrial IoT Wireless to Ethernet Modem .
…with XBP9B-DMUT-002, Long-Range Wireless Mesh XBee-Pro® U.FL Communications Module.

Hi Doug,

It is not possible to connect Alpha Station and Base Station to the modem at the same time. It only allows 1 TCP socket connection. That is probably the problem.

Alpha Station and Base Station are simply test utilities and are not intended for daily use applications.

I would highly recommend transitioning over to Node-Red to interact with all the devices. It should give all the flexibility you would need.

You’ll need to install Node-Red on your Computer, then install our @ncd/node-red-enterprise library in Node Red. That will allow you to connect to the Ethernet modem and parse data from the wireless sensors and send commands to the relay controllers.

I can’t switch to Node-Red, as this is a rather large and complicated application developed in VB.NET .

If you’re developing a VB.NET application you can make a single connection to the Modem to monitor the sensors and control the relays.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you,
Travis

Travis -

I’m following your suggestion to try Node-Red

I have loaded Node-Red and the @ncd-io/node-red-enterprise-sensors into the palette.
I am able to connect to the ethernet modem and get the temperature and humidity data from two PR49-24A sensors via the ethernet modem.

I have not yet figured out how to control the PR60-8_R120PL relay from the ethernet modem.

Can you provide a simple json file that I can import into Node-Red, that will demonstrate how to use the following components, and to control the relay using the Ethernet Modem ?

PR60-8_R120PL, High-Power Relay Controller 1-Channel + 8 Channel ADC ProXR Lite .
…with XBP9B-DMST-002, Long-Range Wireless Mesh XBee-Pro® Communications Module .

PR55-17B, Industrial IoT Wireless to Ethernet Modem .
…with XBP9B-DMUT-002, Long-Range Wireless Mesh XBee-Pro® U.FL Communications Module.

Thanks,
Doug

I have a sample flow for controlling the relay here:

Instructions on how to modify for your specific setup are in the GitHub read me.

Let me know if you have any questions.

1 Like