Base Station modification, publication and instllation

I have ProXR and R810Pro relay controllers that I use in my Astronomical Observatory. I have modified Base Station from the source code to address all of the relay boards and to connect by WiFi or serial. I am using Visual Studio 2019 and my code works great to connect and run the controllers. I want to publish the code and install it on my observatory computer as an application.

I clean and build the code, then publish it. However, it will not install. I am not an expert coder, so I thought I would seek some guidance. The error is listed below followed by the installation log. It appears to have something to do with the “downloaded assembly NCD Configuration Utility.exe.”

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [6/7/2023 8:15:24 AM] System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (RefDefValidation)
- Reference in the manifest does not match the identity of the downloaded assembly NCD Configuration Utility.exe.
- Source: System.Deployment

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 10.0.22621.0 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.42000
System.Deployment.dll : 4.8.9032.0 built by: NET481REL1
clr.dll : 4.8.9139.0 built by: NET481REL1LAST_B
dfdll.dll : 4.8.9032.0 built by: NET481REL1
dfshim.dll : 10.0.22621.30000 (WinBuild.160101.0800)

SOURCES
Deployment url : file:///J:/Temp/Observatory%20Control%204.0.application
Application url : file:///J:/Temp/Application%20Files/Observatory%20Control%204.0_1_0_0_7/Observatory%20Control%204.0.exe.manifest

IDENTITIES
Deployment Identity : Observatory Control 4.0.application, Version=1.0.0.7, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0000000000000000, processorArchitecture=x86
Application Identity : Observatory Control 4.0.exe, Version=1.0.0.7, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0000000000000000, processorArchitecture=x86, type=win32

APPLICATION SUMMARY
* Installable application.

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of J:\Temp\Observatory Control 4.0.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Reference in the manifest does not match the identity of the downloaded assembly NCD Configuration Utility.exe.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
* The manifest for this application does not have a signature. Signature validation will be ignored.
* The manifest for this application does not have a signature. Signature validation will be ignored.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [6/7/2023 8:15:18 AM] : Activation of J:\Temp\Observatory Control 4.0.application has started.
* [6/7/2023 8:15:18 AM] : Processing of deployment manifest has successfully completed.
* [6/7/2023 8:15:18 AM] : Installation of the application has started.
* [6/7/2023 8:15:18 AM] : Processing of application manifest has successfully completed.
* [6/7/2023 8:15:22 AM] : Found compatible runtime version 4.0.30319.
* [6/7/2023 8:15:22 AM] : Request of trust and detection of platform is complete.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [6/7/2023 8:15:24 AM] System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (RefDefValidation)
- Reference in the manifest does not match the identity of the downloaded assembly NCD Configuration Utility.exe.
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.ProcessDownloadedFile(Object sender, DownloadEventArgs e)
at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.DownloadModifiedEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, DownloadEventArgs e)
at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.OnModified()
at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadAllFiles()
at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.Download(SubscriptionState subState, X509Certificate2 clientCertificate)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDependencies(SubscriptionState subState, AssemblyManifest deployManifest, AssemblyManifest appManifest, Uri sourceUriBase, String targetDirectory, String group, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.DownloadApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc, Int64 transactionId, TempDirectory& downloadTemp)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl, Uri& deploymentUri)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.

You might try going to the “Project” pull down menu and look at the last option, which will probably say “Base Properties”. It will have a small wrench icon and is the last item in the pull-down menu list. Check to make sure all the namespaces are correct. Next, click the “Publish” button in the list on the left side and make sure everything is set with the correct names and paths. Hopefully, this will help get you going.
Ryan

Finally back at this development after a long break. I keep getting the error “Reference in the manifest does not match the identity of the downloaded assemble NCD Configuration Utility.exe.” I have modified Base Station to operate a Pro XR 16-relay. Everything work fine in Visual Studio. I built/clean and then publish so that I can install on another computer. The version of NCD Configuration Utility.exe is 1.1.0.702 but after publishing, the generated manifest references NCD Configuration Utility.exe v. 1.0.0.0. I am assuming this is causing the error when trying to deploy the application. In VS 2019, in Solution Explorer, the Reactor Configuration Utility properties lists Version 1.0.0.0.

How can I resolve this issue?
Thanks
Howard

Hi Howard,
Sorry, this is not my expertise. The engineer who assembled this package of software created a framework for us to work from, but he is no longer employed by our company. You might try searching the specific error message on Google to see how these kinds of problems are typically resolved.
Stack Overflow has some information on this type of error here:

Sorry I could not be of better assistance on this.
Ryan