900HP-S3B Mesh API Frame Documents?

So my translation of your “whatever lower serial address is configured” is that your relay board Digi radio will send replies using Transparent mode to the address in the DH/DL parameters of the relay board Digi radio. If these DH/DL are set to my radio address (my SH/SL) then I’ll receive a Receive Packet frame (0x90) containing your relay board response.

I note that since your relay board uses the Digi radio in transparent mode, the discussion above on Digi API formatting doesn’t apply at your end. However since I use Digi API I’ll have to communicate with you by formatting your commands into the Digi API.

Easy!

Awesome! Thanks for posting the above info.

The guys at Digi are much better at explaining their protocol interactions.

The relay board arrived today. Powered it and used a different radio to review relay board radio settings via XCTD. Here they are:

(These are the settings of the NCD relay board radio as shipped from NCD)

3 6

And here is testing using XCTU and a different radio to toggle relay board on/off. Relay board clicks once each second.

Relay ON:
on

Relay OFF
off

And the XCTU screen that toggles relay every second:

That’s great! Everything working as expected?

Yes. XCTU shown above is connected to a Digi development board and Digi radio. XCTU sends the Transmit Request frames I show to this board and radio. These are then sent over the air to your relay board/radio.

Relay closes and opens.

Here is a picture of the hook up. Digi development board at bottom is connected to XCTU.

This may be the fastest S3B integration I’ve ever seen. Thanks for posting your application follow ups and notes. Our wireless options are becoming more popular and I’m sure this will come in handy!