2 Channel Thermocouple w/ MQTT - Missing Data

Hi,

I have setup two 2 Channel Thermocouple with a MQTT gateway sending the data to Ubidots.

On the Ubidots side, I am receiving basic data from each 2 Channel Thermocouple Device, but there is no actual temperature data for each thermocouple channel couple coming through (thermocouples are physically connected for both channel).

The type (23) appears to be correct.

See below for a snapshot of what I am receiving from each of the 2 Channel Thermocouple devices:

Any suggestions?

Thanks you.

There should be a Channel 1 key and a Channel 2 key in the JSON object being pushed to Ubidots via The MQTT message publish. I wonder if Ubidots does not allow keys with spaces in them. You might reach out to them to see if that’s possible or if it’s possible to view the raw message sent over The MQTT connection to their broker. I have only used Ubidots a couple of times and am by no means an expert.

@TravisE_NCD_Technica, I will reach out to them and ask. In the mean time do you have another broker you would recommend similar to Ubidots that I could use to dashboard the data that would play well with your sensors? I am trying to get this system deployed Wednesday morning so I am a bit short on time.

I just put up a firmware update which will remove that space. You can update your firmware. To do this follow these steps:

1. Open the Gateway Box and remove the circuit board. It is possible to leave the antenna connected if you like, we just need access to the USB Micro connector.

2. Connect the Gateway board to your computer using a USB Micro cable.

3. Follow the instructions in this guide to update your firmware(Note when asked to double click run.bat instead double click run-dev.bat:
    https://ncd.io/how-to-ncd-grepy/

Let me know if you have any trouble and if this fixes your issue.

@TravisE_NCD_Technica I am really struggling on getting pyserial installed. I have never dealt with the Python world yet so I am a bit of a fish out of water.

Hi,

What trouble are you having? Are you getting errors when trying to install it?

@TravisE_NCD_Technica, I finally ripped the Python install off and started over from scratch and I just got it to work so I can flash firmware now which is great.

I flashed the firmware and got a error report and I emailed the full error report to you as instructed in the report.

Hi,

Were you sure to double click run-dev.bat instead of run.bat? I gave you a new firmware there which changes Channel 1 to Channel_1. Your error indicates Channel 1 is still being used.