2-Channel 4-20 mA Current Loop Receiver

@Bhaskar I have this unit on a Feather ESP32 with headers wired to the I2C channels. On the Feather ESP32 the SDA/SCL are different than other boards.

When using feather’s I2C pins, use this code in ADS1115.cpp:
#define SDA_PIN 23 //default is 21
#define SCL_PIN 22 //default is 22
Wire.begin(SDA_PIN, SCL_PIN);

The problem I am having is that my Pressure Transducer works on my PLC’s, ( I have tested with 2 separate ones) But it doesn’t work with this board. I have read of others having to remove things off the board?
Type 4 Current Loop with PR33-7

I spent over 70 per board, and I don’t like the idea of having to modify them, lose the warranty just to get them to work.

Any ideas of what I can do, either way?
Thanks,
Dan

Hi Dan
Please can you share the datasheet or the part number of the pressure sensor you are planning to use with this board?

is it a 2 wire sensor?

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for responding.

It is SKU: PR33-8

It is a 2 wire sensor, external power 8-32v. I am powering with a 12v power supply.

Thanks,
Dan

Hi Dan,
If its a 2 wire sensor then you can power it using the PR33-8.

If you are powering using external power supply then it might be a 3 or 4 wire sensor.

for that you will need a different board.
https://store.ncd.io/product/4-channel-i2c-4-20ma-current-receiver-with-i2c-interface/

Thanks

Hi,

So the part I bought is intended to provide power to the sensor? Our sensor can be powered by a rand 8-32vdc. So the 16v provided should work and I need to disconnect my power supply to the sensor.

Your other board allows the sensor to be powered externally?

Thanks,
Dan

In general there are two kinds of 4-20mA sensors. one which can be powered and read 4-20mA signal using same wire. other one are which have separate connections for power and 4-20mA signal.
without the sensor datasheet i cant say how it works but you can give it a try.

Yes, the PR33-15 works with the sensors which are powered externally.

Thanks

Thanks,

I appreciate the clarification of the 2 products. In the end I didn’t read the description well enough to see you had a product for each type.

Dan