Wireless Ethernet Modem PR55-17B: No ethernet activity

Hello,

On first power up of a newly received PR55-17B, 3 status lights (USB, TX, RX) flash on a 2-3 second interval, but no ethernet communication is present. Link speed and activity light are not active, and status lights on network switch are not active. Could not detect via NCD5500 config tool.

Verified cable working. Opened module to inspect board. Found missing/broken off capacitor on plug in ethernet board shown in image.

What would the best course of action to resolve this? Would you be able to provide the capacitor value and package size for self installation, or does this require return to factory for warranty purposes?

Regards,

Travis B.

Hi Travis,

Do you have the internal USB/Ethernet Jumper in the Ethernet position? This modem can be used for Ethernet or USB but you must move the jumper to the Ethernet position if you want to use Ethernet. If you are not sure about this please provide a top down photo of the inside of the modem and I can check for you.

Thank you,
Travis Elliott

The pair of jumpers are both in the “ethernet” position based on the PCB mask’s instructions.

I did attempt to swap the jumpers to see if that would resolve it, with no luck. I could try to swap to USB and test if I can see the modem via Alpha station, but for our deployment ethernet will be required.

Is there any way you can provide a top down photo of the Ethernet Modem with the lid removed? Just so we can confirm everything looks good.

1 Like

Hi Travis,

The Device is not PoE. You are connecting a regulated 12VDC power supply to the modem right? I just want to confirm that since no power is connected in the photo above.

Thank you,
Travis Elliott

Correct. Was using the supply it came with. Unplugged it while the lid was off.

Hi Travis,

In that case I would recommend sending the Ethernet modem in for RMA.

I’m not certain the missing cap on the bottom of the Ethernet module would cause it to not function, however if you are sure that the Modem and your computer are on the same subnet, there is nothing on the network blocking communication, and the firewall on your computer is not blocking the connection then we should take a look at the modem here and make repairs as necessary.

You can return for RMA by completing the form here:

Thank you,
Travis Elliott