Watter flow meter Pulse counter and relay wireless with nodered

I’ll let @rfontaine comment on your solar power power components but they seem perfectly reasonable to me.

As for Ryan’s questions for the relay/input board controllable/monitor-able over XBee yes we have solutions for that like this:

That board has inputs for monitoring 0-5VDC or dry contact closure signals and a relay output. It can be ordered with different wireless XBee modules. One caveat though is you have to send a command to the board to read the input meaning it will not just send a transmission if the input opens or closes so you would need to poll the status of the input so that would complicate things a bit I believe.

If you could write the code to run on a PyCom Lora module and handle the wireless transmissions then I see that as a good alternative as well.

1 Like

@Travis What module for lora pycom with relay and inputs can you recommend?

@Travis Hello. Any update on this ?

Hi,

I apologize for the delayed response. We’ve been working on a project that had to get out the door today.

We have this adapter for LoPy modules that allow the LoPy modules to plug into the IoT sockets on our boards:

Here are some IoT socket relay boards it would be compatible with:

NP. GREAT THANKS

Have nice day

@Travis
We want to add 3 analog voltage sensors.
I can not find anything with analog inputs and the IoT interface.

How can I connect:
WinPy + 1 relay + 2 digital inputs + 3 or 4 analog inputs?

Thank you!

PyCom or iot interfase to I2C it could also be used

I’d recommend the following if the relay required is less than 10 amps:

That I2C ADC mini module just plugs into the I2C port on the 1 channel relay board. The 1 channel relay board also has 7 GPIO lines. Should be everything you need.

Great Thanks!

Have nice day

@Travis I am ready to make my first order but I need to know if Pycom WiPy2 & LoPy IoT Interface Adapter are compatbile with WiPy 3.0

I ask yesterday here:

Is important because WiPy2 have an issue with the interruptions ISR and I will use this capability.

Yes, WiPy2 adapter is compatible with WiPy3.

1 Like

I make my order.

Thanks for all help. I know now more for my next order.

@rfontaine Hello Ryan.

I have buy 1-Channel General Purpose SPDT Relay Shield + 7 GPIO with IoT Interface.

Can you help me to interact with mcp23008 interrupt. My flow meter make 30 pulses per liter and the max rate is 500 liter per minute. So can generate 250 pulses per second.

In arduino i can register a interrupt because the hardware are direct connected but in this case I have to poll I2C.

I have read MCP23008 have a interrupt pin but I dont found information if this pin are connected to the ncd socket. I use pycom.

Thanks in advance.

@ryan or @Bhaskar Can help me with this question pls.

I need to know if MCP23008 INT pint are connected to some pin on pycom socket to detect interrupts and read the status of pins.

Thanks have nice day.

The schematic of 1-Channel General Purpose SPDT Relay Shield + 7 GPIO are public?

Hello anyone can help with this pls?

I have no experience with pycom, but have you tried using it to handle the Flow Meter’s Pulses, instead of the MCP ?

Hi,

We don’t have a public schematic for that board but it’s pretty simple. We just connect SDA and SCL lines to the IOT socket and power the MCP23008 chip. The first GPIO is connected to the relay and the other 7 are exposed via screw terminals. The interrupt line from the MCP23008 is not(unfortunately) connected to the IOT socket.

Thanks for your answer @Travis

@rfontaine Yes I have think about that but how can I connect the pulses to the ncd board ?

I saw that only have 6 inputs connected to MCP

Not the NCD board, but connect Meter Pulse Output directly to an interrupt enabled pin on the WiPy3.
Again, I have no experience with Pycom/WiPy3. I could be way off-base.