Using NCD Temperature/Humidity sensors w/ TIG stack?

Hello everyone, please forgive me if my questions come across as basic, I am quite unfamiliar w/ using industrial-grade sensors in an enterprise environment, but alas, have been tasked with a project to monitor temp/humidity inside refrigerated cabinets and then display this information onto a dashboard, with the data being saved in a database.

I would like to run this using a TIG stack (Telegraf, InfluxDB, and Grafana) in a docker-compose container where telegraf will pull the sensor readings from the sensors, post them to the influxdb database, and then have that database be queried to create visualizations with grafana.

Does anyone have any experience with this at all or can point me in the right direction? I am open to any documentation, videos, tutorials, examples, or guidance available.

I imagine I am leaving out some crucial information that would be needed for anyone to help provide more assistance, please let me know what is needed and I will gladly do my best.

Currently we do not have any tutorials on logging data to InfluxDB or displaying readings on a Grafana Dashboard.

However since our devices are completely open ended and cloud agnostic I can 100% assure you it is possible.

Thank you,
Travis Elliott

Thank you for the reply Travis, I actually ran into another issue before I could research using a TIG stack, I am unable to get my PR55-36 to recognize a usb so i can reload the NCD.IO github repo onto it, I had to restore my device as it had been used at a previous facility and had node-red certs that restricted me from getting the data to appear on the debug console, I posted that over at IoT Edge Computer PR55-36 USB not recognizing.

1 Like