Using NCD Products with Ignition Scada

I have the MQTT gateway working now :slight_smile:. I didn’t have the network settings correct under the advanced tab of the config page. Once I got that right, it connected to my broker with ease. Once I have everything like I want, I will post the tutorial here and the Ignition forum.

Great! Glad everything is working. We will be very happy to see your tutorial. The more information the better.

Take care,
Travis Elliott

I was able to change the node id to 1 on one of the sensors, but now it is sending data every 10 seconds. I’m trying to get to a 300 sec delay. I can’t get it to work through the gateway, still don’t know how I got it to work with the node id change. I have alpha station, but no luck connecting to a sensor. the LabView utilities I saw on GitHub wasn’t for the bidirectional pressure sensors. Any suggestions for the best way to configure the sensor? thanks,

Labview utility can be found here

You can send direct commands as well

I will recommend labview utility.

Thanks

1 Like

From what I can tell I need the zigmo router to be able to configure the sensor?

Zigmo is the preferred hardware. We are working on adding configuration through Gateways as well but the are still in beta.

Thanks

That will be a huge plus being able to configure the sensors through the gateway. Is there anyway to assign a string value to the sensor as means of identification, or is the Node_ID integer value the only option? I imagine that with multiple sensors deployed, you would have to keep a spreadsheet of identification labels for each node value to keep track of them.

@Travis @Bhaskar, I transported the mqtt gateway and sensors to the plant that are going to be installed in. I got the gateway connected to my broker, and the sensors to the gateway. Everything seems to be working except the PSI reading. We tested it by putting one of the pressure input ports hose on the vacuum hole and covered it up with my hand to make sure a negative pressure was generated. Every sensor transmission came up as 0 PSI. I’m using the PR49-24M sensor with the ±15 PSI transducer. I only had time to try one sensor, I will try the other one I have time on Monday. Any thoughts on this other than a bad transducer?

is it sending 0PSI all the time?

this sensor has a command which can be used to read and set sensor type. I will recommend looking into it.
the command to read sensor type is this
7E 00 13 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 FF FF FF FE 00 00 F4 02 00 00 15 E9

Thanks

Does the temperature reading look correct? It will be in Celsius.

I have two identical sensors. I did notice that one always showed around 18⁰c and one stayed around 22⁰c in the same location. Both show the sensor type as 21. I will have to check it out more on Monday. Thanks

Yes 0 PSI all the time. Both are type 21

One of my sensors reads about 21.7°C and the other reads about 18.6°C constantly. They are both in the same location about 6 inches apart. I don’t have them hooked up to my vacuum system yet, but I blew on one of the ports for about 15 secs. I can produce about 1.5 to 2 psi with my lungs, so at a 10 second sensor delay, the sensor should have picked up the pressure, but I get all zeros all the time for pressure on both sensors. Both sensors read as type 21.

leave the nozzle one open and blow Air in nozzle two. while blowing air in it, hit reset.

Did you get a chance to read the sensor part number?
using this command
7E 00 13 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 FF FF FF FE 00 00 F4 02 00 00 15 E9

I don’t have a zigmo router so unless I can use that command in the gateway I won’t be able to do that. I will try to reset the sensor while under pressure like you mentioned.