Temp / Humidity Sensor Data = 0

@clay.hagler can you please provide a top down photo of the gateway and the sensor with the lids removed so we can confirm the modules are the same?

After a lot of experimentation and trial and error I got the sensor online. There are a few things you should know for your community.

1. Advertising blocking code running on an internet router will block the NCD Gateway from successfully joining the network and connecting to Azure. My router in particular is an EERO. Disabling this feature for this device woudl of saved me days of troubleshooting.

2. There is something about “modern” browsers that is kicking the Azure Gateway out of configuration mode. After holding the config button and connecting to the gateway. I have about 30-40 seconds before the gateway resets and goes back to normal mode. Tested this with Chrome, Edge and Firefox this made it impossible to get the sensor recognized by the gateway. I am suspicious of popup/add blocking code again. When i connected with my iphone using safari, it worked as designed and the sensor was detected by the gateway.

3. Please highlight to people that in order to get your sensor data to show up in your cloud you need to enable reporting of device twin. Wasted hours on the sensor before I realized this switch was off on the gateway. Back to the iphone to get it turned on, and the data started flowing.

4. There are multiple other threads asking about how to visualize your data on Azure. By default the data just goes into the IoT Hub. The easiest way to store and visualize your data is with “Time Series Insights” This serivce directly connects with the IoT Hub and stores all data in a storage account and creates ways to view and query the data.

1 Like

1 Like