Temp/Humidity Not sending data to MQTT

I am able to configure the AWS Temp/Humidity sensor and it seems as if I am receiving messages but when I subscribe to the topic that I’ve defined it doesn’t seem to be sending any messages.

Any help you could offer in this would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

What do you have the topic set to on the sensor?

Are you sure you are subscribing on the correct AWS Region?

Hello TravisE_NCD_Technica,
Thank you for your response. These images are what I have configured on the sensor and what I have on AWS.

Is there any other information that I can provide to get some more troubleshooting? I see metrics from the IOT interface showing that it is connecting.

Hi James,

Can you send a screen shot of your entire browser window where you are attempting to subscribe to the topic for the device? It looks like you only snipped part of the window, I need to see the entire screen.

Travis,
Here is the entire screen
The first screen shot shows the configuration and the lower portion shows that there are no messages coming in.

I can also show the metrics portion that shows it is connecting but not uploading any data.

I cannot see the selected AWS Region in the upper right corner of the screen. Can you please screen shot the entire window and send it over please.

Travis,
here is the screenshot which displays the AWS region, which is set to us-east-1, N.Virginia

Change the Gateway over to Ohio. and change the MQTT monitor over to Ohio as well. Let me know if that works.

Travis,
Thank you for all your help. I really appreciate your attention to this. I have changed the configuration of the device over to us-east-2 (Ohio) and I still don’t see anything coming over when I subscribe to the topic (Office/#). In the metrics I do see the below

… but I still see the following when I subscribe to the topic.

I am wondering if my configuration for the topic on the device is incorrect. Does it look right to you?

Travis,
Is it possible that I need to download more code to get it working correctly? According to this youtube video the moderator says that an additional download of software needs to be completed. ncd.io Wireless IoT Temperature and humidity Sensor Getting Started - YouTube

Is it possible that the software on the device isn’t working?

Travis,
I don’t know what happened but it looks like it is reporting data according to my subscription of the topic. I think this is sufficient for my testing today. I will have to place it in the grow room and get some good data and stay in touch. Thank you for all of your help today.

Hi James,

No firmware update should be required for your device.

I’m glad to hear you have it working. Keep me updated should you have any trouble from here on.

Thank you James,
Travis Elliott

Travis,
Thank you for all your help. I have put the sensor into production and I am actively inputting data. I reconfigured the sensor to the us-east-1 region and it is working effectively. I will ingest the data into our reporting and operations system and keep you up to date on any errors. If things go well I am going to need to increase the number of sensors by 10 and also try to incorporate additional functionality to maintain a homeostatic environment.

Does NCD also have any IoT sensors that could monitor PH balance or PPM for water?

Hi,

Yes, we offer PH sensors which are compatible with your existing hardware. You can view the full list of sensors compatible with your hardware here:
https://store.ncd.io/?fwp_main_facet=enterprise-solutions&fwp_product_type=sensors&fwp_interface=900hp-s3b
Please take a look and let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you,
Travis Elliott

Travis,
It looks like I am in a bit of a pickle with our water/nutrient pipeline and AWS IoT, particularly in regards to how to integrate it to a network and expand. I am going to diagram out what I am trying to accomplish and run it by you to see if my design will work.

I was able to write some good code that ingested data on variances of temp/humidity as well as an alerting/notification structure for if/when temp/humidity falls outside of a preferred range and can correlate all data back to tag ids for tracking to harvest.

I would need to correlate the addition of the data from PH sensors to the timing of our nutrient cycle and flushing cycle. In order to do this I need to understand what data is coming from the sensors, similar to what I am seeing from the topic that I subscribe to for temp/humidity. See image for example.

Is this something that I should open a completely new topic for?

Hi James,

Are you simply wanting to see what the data from the PH sensor looks like? If so it will be nearly identical except it will have temperature and ph variables instead of temperature and humidity like you see on the sensor you have now.

If I am misunderstanding your question please let me know.

Thank you,
Travis Elliott