Sensors Output types

Hi,

I need to read outputs from 4 types of sensors, according it data sheets the outputs are:

1. DPDT relay output, 250 VAC, 10 Amp
  2. Two-wire 4 - 20 mA/HART®
  3. Relay Outputs: 250 VAC / 220 VDC / 2A (N.C. or N.O.)
  4. 2 Relay (SPST 5A@240VAC) Standard

Anyone can help me to find appropriate NCD controllers for that (even that four different was necessary)?

Thank you,

Hi,

Is there any way you could provide a link to the device you are looking to monitor? It sounds like it just has relay outputs and 4-20mA outputs but it would be good to confirm that.

Hi Travis,

Thank you for your response. This is the 3 docs that I have:

Hi,

We have the hardware you need to monitor these devices. However some firmware development is going to be required. Software development would also be required if you wish to have a UI for monitoring the readings. Do you have anyone in house capable of code/application development?

Travis,

From NCD I was thinking about some board (maybe two different types) to be connected directly by wire in this sensors, in this same board using a communication module (802.15.4 Long-Range Wireless Communications) and only one gateway per site (model winet gateway). We have in house people to code backend and frontend for UI. Do you think that in the case of hardware, my plan is correct? Did you mention about firmware development, where exactly we will need to apply this, in the boards that will be directly connected on sensors?

Hi,

Currently we are working on a gateway project which will link many devices in an environment back to a central gateway device. This is similar to the WiNet we designed years ago but will be compatible with our newer devices which support 4-20mA inputs, optically isolated I/Os, relay outputs, etc. How big of a hurry are you in on this project? If you could wait a bit we might have a more elegant solution that does not require a ton of custom programming.

I am tagging @Trey on this topic as he is the development engineer on the new gateway project. Perhaps he can shed some light as to it’s status and capabilities. Trey, @steves basically needs to monitor 4-20 ma and digital IO signals through a central gateway. The boards for this were already designed and were going to be used in the IOT In action event. Can you let him know the status of the gateway project and when it might be ready for user beta testing?

Hi Travis,

Thanks for you response, we need this for today we already have backend and part of frontend, in this case I ask you again, perhaps for now: Do you think that in the case of hardware, my plan is correct? Did you mention about firmware development, where exactly we will need to apply this, in the boards that will be directly connected on sensors? Please give me the models of these boards to analise.

The boards I am recommending will not need firmware developed on them. They will send out data packets to the gateway device. The Gateway device will simply need to know how to parse those packets. That is where the gateway software @trey is developing will come in extremely handy. The code for the gateway is to be open source so you can integrate it into your existing system if you like.

The products/boards I recommend for this project are currently in development but should be available very soon.

Hi Travis,

For now, this boards could be used:

4-20ma --> https://store.ncd.io/product/1-channel-4-20-ma-current-loop-receiver-16-bit-ads1115-i2c-mini-module/
DPDT --> https://store.ncd.io/product/1-channel-dpdt-signal-relay-shield-7-gpio-with-iot-interface/
SPST --> https://store.ncd.io/product/iot-1-channel-spdt-relay-shield-7-gpio/

Thank you

Yes, you could use those. You would however need to develop firmware to run on the devices.