Self Storage Gate Access Solution

Hello, I am developing gate security system and researching a solution supporting bluetooth access for my self storage facility. There are two roll-up garage doors, two RS-485 keypads, a controller and a pc connected via usb. Current system doesn’t support bluetooth access and I want less replacement of hardware. So it seems that " Industrial Relay Controller 8-Channel SPDT + 8-Channel ADC" would help me. But it doesn’t have RS-485 connections for keypad, can I expand it with RS-485 module? And if it is possible, can I control it from Base Station Software with VB? Doesn’t it support another language like C#, Java, Pascal? Thanks.

Hi,

When purchasing the relay controller here there is a communication interface option for RS 485:

The RS485 interface module is detailed in this documentation:

The relay controller has a command set for operating the relays which is detailed in this documentation:

Any development language capable of opening the RS485 interface to the controller and writing arrays of bytes over that interface can be used to develop an application for controlling the relays.

If you have any other questions please let us know.

Thank you,
Travis Elliott

I have keypad connected to 3rd party controller via RS-485. If I install bluetooth receiver in keypad box to receive tenant’s gate open command from his smartphone and replace current one with ncd’s controller, how can I communicate with relay controller? via bluetooth or RS-485? if RS-485, do I need a converter bluetooth to RS-485?

Hi,

To be honest there are a lot of Bluetooth relay controllers available on the market today. We offer Bluetooth relay controllers as well but we do not offer a smart phone app for controlling them. If you plan to develop your own smart phone app then you could use one of these relay controllers with the optional Bluetooth interface:
https://store.ncd.io/?fwp_series=proxr-lite&fwp_operating_system=android&fwp_relay_type=spdt

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,
Travis Elliott