RS-485 Node having connection issues

I have 10 separate systems that I am using a “Industrial Relay Controller Board 32-Channel SPDT + UXP Expansion Port” with a " RS-485 Node Serial Network Communications Module SN65HVD12D". I am using the factory settings and baud rates on the RS485 comm modules and relay controllers. The only thing I do is configure the jumpers for 1,2,3 so that only 3 is jumpered because it is the first and only comm module on the network.

I have had 3 RS485 comm modules go dark and not respond to any messages. This seems to happen randomly and always after the systems have been up and running for a while. I have tried to factory reset the RS485 comm module and have had no luck. I ended up buying new RS485 comm modules and replacing them, and the new ones plug and play with no issues.

I have now had another RS485 comm module go dark and I need to find an alternate solution than just replacing the modules. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dane.

Hi Dane,
I will recommend sending the RS485 module for further testing.
https://ncd.io/contact-us/product-returns/

Thanks

Hey Bhaskar,

I sent the 3x RS485 modules back for RMA and just received them baclk.
Any results on the diagnosis on what was wrong with these?
RMA# 17290

Thanks,
Dane.

Hi Dane,
unfortunately the RMA went to our production team and they re-flashed the firmware before i could get hold of it.
Thanks