ProXR24 Setup and Command times

I’m using LabVIEW to control a ProXR 24 channel relay board using a USB 2.0 interface. The documentation is fine, the board does as expected, and I like it. There is one last problem to resolve and I turn to the group for help.

In my LabVIEW program, the code “carries” a 24-bit unsigned integer representing relay channels to turn on or off. This integer is converted to an array of 1’s and 0’s and the array into an indexing for-loop. From there, each relay is programmed open/closed.

Within this loop, each relay is programmed, one at a time, to the index array. Automatic Update is turned off and Manual Update used to set/clear all relay settings at close to the same time. This works nicely. Except for one thing:

That for-loop and the Manual Update take about 400 milliseconds. This is a problem: the process being controlled needs a faster response.

The next idea is to set 8-bits (one byte) at the time into the board. This may reduce the 400 msec to 400/3 or 133 msec.

My question: Is there a way to decrease a 24-relay update-and-set time to under 100 msec?

Your time is appreciated.

Hi,

The first thing I would recommend is optimizing the speed of the ProXR controller as covered in this guide:

The next thing I would recommend is making sure you are using API formatted packets. This will significantly improve communication speed. That is covered in this guide:

Let me know if this helps.