PR58-1_MQTT reboots to configuration mode

Greetings!

I’ve been testing this sensor with Cirrus Link MQTT broker as part of Ignition, which after some configuration works well!

When testing another MQTT broker such as vernemq the sensor consistently reboots into configuration mode after trying to save the configuration.

Main differences on this instead of a FQDN as the connections we are connecting right to an IP/port. The vernemq broker has no authentication setup as well.

I’m a previous most about the micro gateway I suspect it is most certainly a configuration issue on my end causing the sensor to continuously reboot into setup. I however have verified via MQTT.fx that I can sub/pub on the targeted broker.

I haven’t checked for any new firmware in about a month and I can check again. Is there something slightly different about this sensor compared to the others?

Thanks!
~J

One other customer recently commented that they were having trouble connecting the MQTT Gateway to a local MQTT broker via an IP address. He put the IP address for the broker into the Host field in the MQTT Gateway configuration interface instead of the IP field. You could give that a try. In my testing I was still able to use the IP field so I’m not sure what is causing that. Let me know what you find.

Travis,

Doing exactly what you suggested fixed it and now it is happily blinking green. If you have some new/different firmware you’d like me to test, let me know.

Thanks again for all your help!
~J

Glad to hear it’s working. I’m not sure why I’m not able to replicate the issue here on my end. I’m now going to test putting the IP address into the host field. If that works I believe I may just remove the IP field completely.