pH Sensor Probe Leaked need replacement

Hello,
I just opened the pH and Temperature Sensor (PR55-47pH_B) to find that the fluid in the wand has leaked everywhere in the package, including inside the sensor case. There is crusty residue everywhere. Order 496034.

Can a replacement sensor w/ probe, or just the wand / probe be sent to me? I’d like this to ship slowly, to arrive the week of August 1 if possible, because I will be on the road this week. :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Hi,
this liquid is just to keep the probe moist.
is the sensor not functional ?
Thanks

Understood, @Bhaskar . I will check upon my return to the office.

Hi @Bhaskar , sorry for the delay. There does indeed seem to be a problem with the sensor. I cannot get it to connect to the NCD MQTT gateway. The gateway is connected to Ubidots too. I have tried:

• Verifying that the batteries in the sensor are fully charged, and the sensor is on.
  • Restarting the gateway.
  • Checking the distance between gateway and sensor, including removing antennae.
  • Restarting the sensor.
  • Checking the Web UI of the gateway “Devices” tab.
  • Putting the gateway and sensor into config mode.
  • Monitoring the messages received by the gateway over usb serial

I have not seen any messages broadcast by the sensor, the sensor does not show up in the Gateway’s “Devices” tab, and it does not show up in Ubidots.

The water leak wasn’t too bad, but regardless, the sensor isn’t connecting to the gateway.

Any other suggestions? Or can we do an exchange?

Thank you.

@TravisE_NCD_Technica is this sensor supported in MQTT gateway?

@Bhaskar,

Yes, we have support for that type 61 sensor in the Micro gateway devices. This is the parsing section for reference/verification:

case(61):{
      if(len < 15){
        return false;
      }
      if(newDevice){
        json["Type"] = "pH Sensor";
        json["SKU"] = "";
      }
      dataObject["pH"] = float(((data[9]<<24)+(data[10]<<16)+(data[11]<<8)+data[12])/1000.00);
      int16_t unconverted = (data[13]<<8)+data[14];
      dataObject["temperature"] = (float)(unconverted/100.00);
      rDevice = true;
      break;
    }

@ybakos please update the mqtt gateway firmware.

@Bhaskar @TravisE_NCD_Technica Gentlemen, I have been trying to flash this gateway for over twenty minutes now. I am following the “special” instructions about pressing and releasing reset at the right time between the script output’s …______ .

But, this is humiliating. I appreciate the support, but here I am trying to get product out the door with NCD equipment, and I am forced to play some weird game with the reset button (!). :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I cannot flash the new firmware.

(For what it is worth, I have re-flashed over twenty NCD MQTT gateways before and never had to do this weird reset button thing.)

The script states esptool.FatalError: Failed to connect to ESP32: Timed out waiting for packet header

Do you have a different computer you can try?

Different computers have different hardware characteristics on the USB ports. Specifically the DTR line which the flash script pulls from high to low to force the module into flash mode. Sometimes Holding down the RST button and releasing just before the terminal starts to print … will force the module into flash mode but I have seen some computers that flat out won’t work.

If you have flashed Gateways previously can you try using he same computer you did before(if you are not already)?

I have am using a new Apple Macbook Pro and my Intel Mac Mini. Multiple USB ports. With and without adapters. Previous machine for successful flashing was an older 13" macbook pro.

I don’t have another machine at hand. I guess I can dig around. But, guys, respectfully, I shouldn’t have to. :sob:

@TravisE_NCD_Technica @ybakos ew can send a new wifi module

I can ship you a replacement module. Send me a private message with the address you want it shipped to.

The older Mac mini with intel chip should work to flash without pressing RST button. Both of my newer MACs do require pressing the RST button. Not something we can control, it’s just how the DTS control line works over the USB C connection unfortunately. My assumption has to be that there is something wrong with the module. Have you tried flashing your other devices with one of these computers? That should tell us if there is actually something wrong with the module.

I have tried re-flashing a spare mega modem that I have using the Intel Mac Mini. I have tried different usb cables to ensure they are indeed “data” cables. Cannot connect. Perhaps it is the silabs driver?

Yes, if you would please send me a module with the latest firmware already flashed, I would appreciate it. My core problem is getting the pH sensor connected!

Thank you.

I just sent a message to our production Staff to get a module shipped out to you.

@Bhaskar @TravisE_NCD_Technica Thank you for the replacement re-flashed module. I have tried it and still no messages from the pH sensor. Here is the serial monitor output of the gateway, over the span of fifteen minutes, during which time I have tried turning the pH sensor on and off, moved it near and far from the gateway, tried resetting, etc.

rst:0xc (SW_CPU_RESET),boot:0x13 (SPI_FAST_FLASH_BOOT)
configsip: 0, SPIWP:0xee
clk_drv:0x00,q_drv:0x00,d_drv:0x00,cs0_drv:0x00,hd_drv:0x00,wp_drv:0x00
mode:DIO, clock div:2
load:0x3fff0018,len:4
load:0x3fff001c,len:1100
load:0x40078000,len:9232
load:0x40080400,len:6412
entry 0x400806a8
34:94:54:F7:96:C8
created readFile Buffer
Created File object
Not updating
settings.update is false
update path is blank
Seconds since last loop: 5.69
                             There is a root cert file, length is: 4001
                                                                       root cert buffer created
created readFile Buffer
Created File object
root cert file loaded from SPIFFS
global root_ca buffer cleared
root cert copied to global buffer
setupTLS succeeded.
root CA set to:
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
(ommitted)
-----END CERTIFICATE-----
                                                               Pass is null
Seconds since last loop: 4.88
                             Gateway updated with Topic: /v1.6/devices/34:94:54:F7:96:C8 Message: {"mac":"34:94:54:F7:96:C8","ip":"192.168.1.138","xbee_address":"00:13:A2:00:41:F6:D0:78","network_id":"7FFF","preamble":"0","tx_power":"4","xbee_ready":"1"}

I have moved the sensor away from the gateway, reset it, turned it off and on, etc. I believe I have exhausted all troubleshooting steps, which leaves me to suspect that there is indeed a problem with the pH sensor I received. :frowning:

i will recommend sending it back for a replacement
https://ncd.io/contact-us/product-returns/
sorry about that

Also, I did try connecting the same pH sensor to another gateway I have. No connection, and no messages during serial monitoring.

Ok, I will send it back for a replacement. Thank you.

Has RMA 21639 been received and a replacement unit shipped yet?

Let me check the status with production

Thank you for the replacement sensor. When I power this on, I see that “Stat” LED blink upon startup.

But… I still am not seeing it show as connected to the Gateway on Ubidots. Is there something special I need to do to get the pH Sensor to send a message?

I will troubleshoot the serial monitor now…