Node Red and Mixed Messages

I am using an ethernet modem and several 4-20 current receivers and I am able to get data using the Wireless Gateway and Wireless device nodes. I also have a serial modem running in AT mode. Is there any way I can get the gateway or device nodes to forward the payload that is not in a recognized format? I can use a TCP in node but I don’t want to have to rewrite everything to decode my current receivers. I tried to connect to the gateway with both types of nodes but it would only accept one connection.

Could the Wireless Gateway node have a Passthrough output added??

Hi,

The source code for the ncd-red-wireless library is open source. You can find it on GitHub here:

You are welcome to alter it in any way for your application. Our goal was to create a reliable interface node for our Enterprise series wireless devices so we did not add a passthrough for un recognized data. You could certainly do this however if you like.

Thank you,
Travis Elliott

Thank you Travis. Unfortunately I am a newbie to this stuff and have absolutely no idea where to start when it comes to editing source code. Anyone out there have any tips on where to start without going back to school for a couple years :slight_smile: