No Windows Computer

Seems like a lot of instruction around software that is available on Windows. Our company pointedly is a Linux only shop. Not even virtualized. Will we be able to configure NCD relay controllers, wi-fi interfaces, etc.?

I personally never use a Windows computer. I utilize MAC which essentially has the same resources and am able to do anything I need to.

The WiFi interface module is configured via a web interface hosted by the module over a WiFi Soft AP so that’s cross platform. From there you would just be opening a TCP socket to the device and pass byte array commands to it which can be done from any OS.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,
Travis

Thanks. I wanted to make sure we did not need Alpha Station, Base Station, etc to work with any NCD devices.

Those are useful utilities but not mandatory. You can check the ProXR Quick Start guide to get the full command set for operating the relays.

Thanks. I received the Fusion 8-Channel Relay Module equipped with Ethernet module. I am able to power-on and connect to the unit. I can change various settings from the web interface. However, when I attempt to turn relays on and off with the Web-I tab, nothing happens. Same results when trying to send commands using Netcat (Linux Relay Controller using Netcat for Ethernet and WiFi - ncd.io). Am I missing something?

I took the device home. Installed Base Station on a Windows computer and followed this guide. Base Station Quick Start Guide - ncd.io

The device would be recognized but would not respond, locking up Base Station upon connection attempt. It was not until I clicked placed the device in Config Mode that I was able to connect to it. I subsequently changed it back to run mode and I am still able to communicate with the device. Sending commands via Netcat also works now too.

I am disappointed that we will need a Windows computer to work with these units. If that is not normal behavior, perhaps there is something can be done?