NCD5500 Firmware

I have purchased a number of MIRCC1_ETHERNET 1-Channel push notification modules with the NCD5500 Ethernet modules and I am having trouble with one of them. I can set the IP address using the NCD Config Tool, but I cannot connect to it using NCD Base or Comm Operator Pal. The device type is listed as NCDWEBIV2 and the firmware version is 1.1. I noticed that some of the latest modules that I have ordered have a firmware version 2.1 so I attempted to update the firmware using NCD ConfigTool V2 and ncd.io NCD5500 V2.bin. The firmware successfully downloads and the firmware is then listed as version 2.1 in the NCD Config Tool. I can then connect to it using NCD Base and Comm Operator Pal, but if I perform a factory reset or standard reset, the firmware reverts back to version 1.1. Am I missing something?

Hi Tom,

Can you make sure you’ve downloaded the latest firmware and NCD Config tool?

There was a new firmware that just finished testing and released today. I also restructured the Github Repo to make it more clear which file to use.

The latest firmware for the Rev 2.0 hardware can be found: ncd_Ethernet/HRev2_NCD5500_Latest.bin at main · ncd-io/ncd_Ethernet · GitHub

The latest version of the NCD Config Tool can be found at: ncd_Ethernet/NCD ConfigTool V2.exe at main · ncd-io/ncd_Ethernet · GitHub

Same results using the latest firmware and Config Tool V2. The firmware will update and indicate that the firmware version is now 2.2, but as soon as I do a reset or factory reset it reverts back to firmware version 1.1.

Hi Tom,

I have not seen this issue before. I would have to recommend an RMA as it sounds like it could be an issue with the Ethernet module itself.

You can find the RMA form at: NCD Login - ncd.io

Ok thanks. Should I just return the NCD5500 module or both the NCD5500 and the MIRCC1_ETHERNET board?

I believe just the ethernet module should be enough. Nothing on the Mirror board could really introduce this issue.