MIRCR8x wireless relay conrtoller worked one day

Hello, I purchased a 8 way controller which we had issues with, so a replacement wireless system was sent as a replacement. The replacement wireless controller worked well for one day. Now when a contact is closed on the sender there is no response at the receiver. The two are communicating as you can tell when they are searching for each other etc… Also R5 and R6 stayed on even though no signal was sent, slowly their LED’s dimmed, this with no load connected to the output terminals. We are switching 0.25A 240v beacon lamps through the relays, and I have noted that the relays are only 125v rated not 240v as per the specs and the last controller we had. I have disconnected everything and tried with no wired outputs but this was no better, I have also tried Beacon mode but no luck here either. I’m at a loss the system worked fine yesterday. Note we are in New Zealand and have been trying to get this job completed since Christmas.

Thanks
Pete

Hi Pete,
I recall sending you replacements. I also recall throughly testing the replacements myself prior to shipment. There were on my desk burning in extensively to MAKE SURE there were no problems with your replacements. If you would like to return them, we will be glad to look into the problems further, but from what I can tell, there must be a installation problem of some kind that is preventing proper operation. We cannot troubleshoot further without a return.
Thanks,
Ryan

Hi Ryan,

The only thing I can see is that the relays are now rated at 125v instead of 240v. The install was only setup in the workshop for testing purposes and worked fine for day one. Anyway I’ll get these back on a courier to you and mark attention Ryan.

Thanks

Pete

Thanks Pete, get it back to me and I will have a look at it. For what it’s worth, the LED status is refreshed once communications is established, it is not unusual for the LEDs to slowly dim as indicated, this is normal expected behavior. Once you see the Busy/Ready LEDs flashing, the LEDs status will refresh correctly (so do not worry about this). Also, I have seen it take up to 30 seconds for these devices to “sync up” after power-up. This is normal as the devices are trying to locate each other. This delay only occurs on initial power-up. With regard to the relays, it is sometimes necessary to consider induction suppression capacitors. However, if the relays are not working when everything is disconnected, there is definitely another problem. I am not terribly concerned about the voltage difference because the amperage is so low in your application. I will look into this in detail when I receive it back.
Thanks,
Ryan