"LTE Cellular Ethernet WiFi IoT Edge Computer" security password

Hello,

I just got the “LTE Cellular Ethernet WiFi IoT Edge Computer”. It seems to be a device full of potential.

However, I have two questions regarding the security of the device:

1. How can I secure the device’s configuration interface with a password? This is important since I am about to install the device on a customer’s public network.

2. How do I secure Node-Red with a password?

Thanks

Update:

I found the instructions for securing Node-Red here:

However, I did not find anything about how to secure the main configuration interface.

Does anyone have an idea? PLEASE!

@jacob @TravisE_NCD_Technica can you look into this

Unfortunately it is not possible to secure the main configuration on the current generation of the IoT Edge Computer.

We hope to remedy this on the next iteration which is currently in development.

Okay, I see. Will it be possible to update the firmware of our gateway to the new version?

No, the new version of the gateway is based on different processing hardware. The old version will be incompatible.

Hello everyone,

I had a similar problem a couple of months ago, in which I needed to add security to everything (NodeRed and web interface).

For NodeRed add password through the link shared above.

As for the Web Interface, what I did was remove everything and leave only the version and the option to restart the device, with this only someone with “experience” can enter and navigate through the functions.

I hope it helps you.

Greetings.

1 Like

@fsaavedra @jacob
That is an interesting solution that could work for us as well. I haven’t put an LTE sim in yet but is this page accessible on the LTE ip address? I’m looking for the web ui files location but I don’t know where to start to get this thing secured. Can you point me in the right direction to editing the web ui page?

I’m also finding it impossible to password protect node red. Seems that bcrypt isn’t installed on this device and I’m not finding any way to install it. So each time I try to login the login fails. The device also cannot create bcrypt hashes?